“Best kept secret in Lake George” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ozone Park, New York
“Best kept secret in Lake George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I first fell in love with this restaurant during the summer of 2009. The service and food was amazing then, which was my primary reason to drive a few extra minutes to this fantastic restaurant. On my most recent to East Cove, I ordered the New England clam chowder and the Maine Lobster. This restaurant offers their customers a great value for their money. I particularly loved that each entree was complemented by a salad, relish tray, warm bread and your choice of potato or rice. The food was good during my 2009 visit but it seemed it was even better on my most recent trip.

On a special note, our waitress was the bar manager (I forgot her name, so sorry). She was welcoming, knowledgeable and provided us with a great dining experience. She even made me her specialty drink, a white chocolate espresso martini, which was divine.

I'm truly looking forward to my next vacation to Lake George to revisit the East Cove.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Good food, lacking in atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We really enjoyed the food here but thought that it was a little lacking in atmosphere with a largely older clientel.

Visited August 2012
metro NYC
“Quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We decided to try East Cove b/c it is out of the Lake George downtown area and we thought we might not have as big a crowd to fight (important with 2 little ones!). It worked - not very busy around 7pm on Friday and we sat right down. It's a cozy log cabin setting and the server seemed unphased by the 2 little ones. They have sippie cups for the kids - great and better even than straw cups!

Kids had a hot dog (fine, but looked boiled not grilled) and spaghetti with meatballs. (I had the leftovers another day and it was good! The sauce was a nice one with pieces of tomatoes - not a katsup-y sweet sauce.) The teen in our group had shrimp scampi that said in the description - 'finished with a touch a cream'. Weird for scampi we thought, but she tried it. There was TONS of cream! Luckily, she was able to fish them out of the sauce and said it was tasty. Husband had a cajun blackened tuna that was cooked correctly, but he did say the blacked seasoning was too spicy - which is saying a lot for him b/c he loves spicy food! I had the "Cove sole" - white wine/butter sauce. A bit too much butter, but very tasty. Three fillets were a bit too much food, though. My green bean side was fresh and bright. The mashed sweet potato side very good. I also had the french onion soup and it was good - if typical.

Overall, I would definitely return on future visits to Lake George since it was charming, overall good food, and away from the crowds of the main strip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upstate New York
“Hidden Gem in Lake George!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have lived in the area for several years and finally decided on trying this for a night out. Arrived around 5pm, still a lot of tables empty. They offer nightly specials which seemed reasonable. I had Chicken Piccata which was great, was only able to eat one of the 2 chicken breasts on my plate along with 1/2 the baked potato and my tossed salad. My husband tried the deep fried sea scallops. He is always concerned that they will be "gritty" however they were perfect he said. They have a large amount of seafood on the menu but a fair amount of non-seafood items as well. The service was excellent, the waitress and busgirl were constantly clearing our table and replenishing water and sodas. I would definitely go back! I noticed the people at the table next to us got the Lobster Special (wednesday night special) and their only complaint was that they don't offer a childs portion on the special. The only thing I can say is try it, you will be glad you did!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Un_Eatable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Monday, 8-13-2012. Busy Season, not busy @ 9 pm. Just got to town. 20 year visitor to Lake George. Ate here 2 times prior as a Group of 10-12. Not bad at all. Very Good as a matter of Fact. Came back as a 2-Top, No Kids, Just me & the Bride,,,,,absolute Nightmare. Place only had 3-4 finished tables when arrived. Could tell that we were too late for there liking. $30 Bottle of Wine was "A Twist-Cap"...? But wine was still Ok. So I figured "No Harm, Bo Fowl", I am a Chef & a C.I.A. Grad & have NEVER EVER..EVER Complained on the Web since I graduated in 1993. Pleasant beautiful Bus-girl, waitress, nah nah. Had Veal Speacial, no words to explain. Hardly any Veal, Pasta was Mush, sauce was revolting. Server didn't ask why my place was still Full.... My wifes meal was Swordfish and look good o Paper but was rather Bland. And as far as Blue Cheese Dressing GOES.........."Kens" end of story. I got Mayo & Water mix for $1.50. I charged extra for Blue @ my place But I Seeves Kens, & "Kens" is as Thick as Concreat & has Chucks of Blue Cheese. Again, I am 39 years old & regret going to the web to Complain. But I will Never Go Back. And the Owner should drink in his Office & not make a show of himself @ the bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere