“What we were looking for!” 5 of 5 stars

Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge
330 Glen Lake Rd., Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #31 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Yorktown Heights, New York
“What we were looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I were looking to get away to spend some time together after we dropped our kids off at college. We love to swim, bike, hike, boat, relax and just enjoy being in a beautiful place. Sitting on the deck at night overlooking Glen Lake was incredibly cleansing. The lodge is extremely tranquil and very close to all the shopping, restaurants, and sightseeing if you want to explore. The rooms in the lodge (there are cottages too but they were all booked) are all quaint with all the necessities though simple. All the people we met staying were all very nice to talk to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elmhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have sent my son and dogs and my mom to a cottage with a pool (but doggies are not allowed in the pool) before but this time I was looking for a lake where my son and my yellow lab can jump and just swim endlessly. I found this place on line. I was nervous on what we will find out when we get there. I was looking for a cottage but they're all full, so we were given the 2 BR lodge. Thank God because our view is the peaceful lake. We were on the 2nd floor and we have a terrace, and there's the view of the lake again. We have a barbecue area on the first floor. The place is a little outdated but clean. That's what matters most. Very simple but gets the job done. Nature, nature... that's amazing! 4-5 hours drive but all worth it !!!

Room Tip: If you want to see the view of the lake, use Lodge 1...
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is our second stay with Dave and Denise in as many years. We fell in love with the charm and tranquility the first time we were here in August of 2011 and have decided with our two sons (12 and 13) to make it an annual affair.

The cottages are spotless and provide everything we are looking for. The grounds are perfectly manicured, clean and PEACEFUL. The lake is also clean and warm (for swimming) and has a good variety of fish (large mouth bass, pickerel, sunfish etc.).

You will love this place and so will your pocketbook. Don't tell them, but their prices are WAY less than what we would have expected.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family decided to get away for a few days, and I found this place on an internet search. The Glenmoore brings you back to a simpler time. We stayed in the lodge - which is basically a very large summer lake house. I loved the history the lodge had (thanks to the owner Dave for sharing so much of the history), and was absolutely impressed with the great location. The large deck literally places you on beautiful Glen Lake and is a great place to read, decompress or eat dinner. I personally enjoyed sitting on the screened porch or in the grass area under the trees. My children (13 & 17) loved using the canoe and spent many hours on the lake canoeing - this lake is much quieter than Lake George which allowed me to let my son go in the canoe on his own without any worry. The dock was a great place to fish, sunbath, or just relax. The entire place was clean, and served the purpose for which we came - to get away for a few days and relax! There was enough to do in the surrounding area to keep my type A personality busy. We were close to Lake George Village and spent some time there enjoying what it had to offer - but we were glad to get back to the Glenmoore after an afternoon of walking around the tourist area of the village. I would recommend bringing beach chairs or lounge chairs if you want to sit on the dock. We will go back again, and bring kayaks to enjoy on the lake even more.

Room Tip: Every room has something different to offer. Room 7 is on the ground floor and looks right on the l...
North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Glenmoore this summer. We stayed in the Pine Cottage for a week. I have been coming to Lake George since I was a child. This was our first stay at Glenmoore Lodge -- And it was perfect! It was the perfect distance from the hustle bustle of Lake George. Glenmoore Lodge & Glen Lake itself, is beautiful. Dave and his wife are friendly and accommodating. I do not have any children, but Glenmoore is versatile for couples OR families. It's quiet, clean, fun and affordable. I think that we may have a new summer tradition! The only thing that we would do differently, is stay longer! Next summer -- 2 weeks!

Room Tip: I was in in Pine Cottage. I have zero complaints about this cottage. I'd suggest a cottage with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I decided to shoot up to the Lake George area, looked up local pet friendly hotels and the Glenmoore was top on the list.Not only are they very well priced, pet friendly and convenient BUT they were also very friendly themselves. I was originally only going to stay two nights but it was so beautiful, serene, and relaxing I stayed a 3rd night. The room in the lodge was clean and had all the basic amenities that are needed on a vacation without all the frills. They also have available rowboats and canoes which they allow you to use without extra cost. Located right on Glen Lake and 2 miles from the town on Lake George this is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Adirondacks. I would definitely go back again and soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
NY Metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just got back from our mini vacation just outside of Lake George. What a great time we had. We stayed at the Glenmoore Spruce Cottage for the first time. It was a 2 bedroom 2 bath cottage that was perfect. There was my husband and my 16 yo daughter and our 75 lb lab/border collie.
We've been traveling with dogs for 19 years now. I have to say I'm so sorry I didn't find this place years ago. Most of the places that accept dogs are anywhere from good to rundown. Glenmoore was so clean and inviting. The hosts, Dave and Denise were amazingly accommodating and welcoming to the people guests as well as our dog.

We had a full kitchen, two screened in porches (front and back) and also could use the community deck where we watched the 3rd and 4th of July fireworks. Absolutely amazing. The description of the place on their website is right on target. It's not a luxury hotel but it definitely is a great cabin on the lake. One of the things that impressed me is that it's right on the water and accepts dogs but there is NO HINT of any musty or damp smell at all.

This is a great place to kick back and relax with some great quiet times and yet be close enough to all the attractions and shopping of Lake George. One of the best things too is that you can walk or row one of the rowboats to a great little restaurant only a few houses down called Docksiders.that was recommended by Dave. Docksiders was also so accommodating to our dog. They asked if they could get her a bowl of water and served it in a glass compote dish. Too cute. Food was very good and when they told us the wait would be a half hour or more, we actually got a table in about 20 minutes.

Two thumbs up for Glenmoore and we will be coming back. Thanks Dave and Denise.

Room Tip: If you plan on eating out most of the times, you can go with the rooms in the lodge. If you have a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glenmoore Lakeside Cottages and Lodge? Share your experiences!