“Best place to get breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Best place to get breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food and great service. Thank you for a great meal! My family enjoyed every last bite! We will absolutely be back again...!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, RI
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

Not thrilled with service or food. In addition, my daughter asked for iced coffee; but we were told that it was not an option because they serve their drinks in plastic glasses and the coffee is too hot.

Visited May 2014
Pancakeboss, Owner at Lake George Pancake House, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Kid drinks are free and refillable and always - 22 years - come in a clear plastic glass or cup for safety reasons. Hard to understand why your daughter was denied cold or iced coffee in that cup or glass. Simply said, we messed up. I apologize. BTW, all drinks are refillable accept for juices and milk. Kid meal drinks are always free. We will not make the same mistake twice. Hope you give us another try. All the best.
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“Bring your own syrup”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were returning to PA fro a wedding in VT and wanted to stop for a late breakfast. After driving through town this looked like the only place without a wait so we stopped. The interior is old and outdated with what looks like a buffet line where we needed to place our order then someone would deliver it to our table. First off the prices are ridiculous for breakfast. We ordered one full order of pancakes, one order of french toast, and two orders of oatmeal. while the food was OK what they called pancake syrup was totally tasteless. No matter how much you put on anything there was no change in flavor. Since coffee and OJ prices were way too high we skipped any drinks but did ask for water if there was no charge, there wasn't. My advice would be to skip by Lake George and stop somewhere less touristy.

• Visited September 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pancakeboss, Owner at Lake George Pancake House, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
You gave us one star because "you" don't like our syrup? Your choice of water when you desired coffee or juice is revealing enough. Your comments about décor are also revealing. You're looking for a glass building with hard chairs where you clean your own tables, we get it. Please, we're not a corporate wall street flag selling chicken beaks for a dollar. All the best.
“Save $ feed your kids at McD's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I too was enticed by the promise of homemade pancakes and kids meals. Also agree the set up was weird and very impersonal. When I go to a restaurant I prefer to be waited on, not stand in a line - I can do that at McDonalds. So you save 15% on leaving a tip, but you pay for it in the price of breakfast. For 1 adult and 4 kids our price was $48. That's an expensive breakfast considering the kids got 1 piece of French toast, 2 strawberry's and a small drink, and they all left hungry. My 4 egg omelet was good, but it should've been for $16! They added $2.50 for each item and extra drinks were also $2.50 (no free refills). Very disappointed and will not return next year.

• Visited September 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I don't believe you ate here. (Look at the sign next time; we're the big blue building) If you did eat here you falsified the prices in your review; adding upwards of just over 300% to the cost of our food and miss-describing the place. Exaggerations are so overwhelming this could only be intended falsehoods. All drinks are refillable, just not juices. No restaurant refills juices, including MacDonald's. The 2.50 per item is a flat out lie, that is, if you were at the pancake house. Your omelet price, and your drink prices, and what happened to you could not have happened here. Who are you really? Why did you do this? Is this just a mistake? For the record, adults should expect to pay at minimum $10 per person, including drink. Those who want what's best for their family will come to the Pancake House. We don't allow people who are rude, people who curse, people who offend, and people who wear pajamas. Those who were brought up in MacDonald's should continue to go to MacDonald's. You might not realize it but you probably don't know any better so everything and anything seems more expensive. Ignorance is bliss.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“So not worth the prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My friends had been yapping about this place for years, so we finally went this weekend. They changed their service drastically. You wait to be seated, and then go up and order your food from the register and pay, like a cafeteria service. They bring the food out to you. They sell the idea that it saves you on the tip, but you're really not saving anything because the prices are out of control. $10 for a bacon, egg, and cheese? $12 for a cheese omelet?
I had the silver dollar pancakes and they were average. The bacon was burned. My dining mates were similarly unhappy with their omelets. If this had been an average priced meal, I wouldn't have been so annoyed, but my boyfriend and I paid $30 for our breakfast - two plates of pancakes and a side of bacon, two OJs. Outrageous!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pancakeboss, Owner at Lake George Pancake House, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
YOU PAID ONLY $24.50. IN YOUR REVIEW YOU ADDED $5.50 TO WHAT YOU ACTUALLY PAID. YOUR REVIEW ENTAILS A MAJOR FALSEHOOD. Now, let's be nice. The $24.50 you actually did pay is on the base price, no discounts applying. That's a lot of money. You also stretched the prices of your friend's meals in your review. I'm curious, why would you sit down at your computer, drum up the internet and decide not to tell the truth about the price you paid? If it's something in your life, I am not qualified, but if it's something about the restaurant, I would like to hear it. That would be constructive. As for the $24.50 you paid, well, the menu was given to you prior to you seating and therefore prior to you stepping up and ordering? You than had to verbalize an order. You still ordered and the Cashier stated to you $24.50. That's 4 shots at walking out but you did not. What was going to change? You only ordered pancakes - the sky is not going to open up on that. The question, why would you order if you felt $24.50 is too much? As for the self ordering line: we learned quickly the majority of our customers select to self order. They figure they're on line anyway, why not order while on line? This way by the time you re-seat (your table given prior to ordering) your food is already being prepared. The meals hit your table 10-15 minutes faster than before. Still, (and I'm looking right at the menu as I write this with a calculator in hand) you might ask yourself why you state you paid more than you actually did? If you wish to argue this point further on trip advisor, I suggest you come in and we can allow our cameras to once again film you ordering your meal and we can paste the production on U-tube. I can do it now, but I'd rather have your permission or perhaps maybe an apology for such exaggeration. ( I assume the burnt bacon comment a grab and pile on from reading one of the more constructive reviews in which a customer received burnt bacon.) I apologize if I sound dismissive, but than you left me little choice. Numbers are numbers. Wishing you happiness, and with that, all the best.