“best price for lobster” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Whitehall, New York, United States
“best price for lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Have been here a few times and the food is very good. Service is quick and the staff very nice.you can eat outside or in and watch the people.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a gift certificate from our hotel, so we decided to head here our first night, even though we are not really seafood eaters. Lots of nautical decor that got my 14 month old's attention. Our server was new, so service was a little slower than I'd like with a little one in tow, but otherwise the service was fine. I had 1/2 herb roasted chicken and my husband had chicken scampi. Both our meals came with a salad which was a good size and had big pieces of cucumber and cherry tomatoes in it. The portions were big and neither of us were able to finish our meals, but both of us felt they were a little bland. Mine came with veggies and I chose red potatoes. (Other choices included baked potato, fries, and a few other options.) The potatoes were fine, but the veggies (carrots and some other yellow veggie) were a little limp. There was plenty of food to share with our bottom less pit of a toddler, who happily gobbled up every bite. This really is a seafood restaurant, so maybe the fish is better, but we found other restaurants we enjoyed better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, NY
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Came in for our first night, the food was good although they overcooked a steak...the waitress was awesome although the place's decor was a little dark...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Massapequa, New York
“The lobster NOT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The family and I have eaten here for a few years in a row. It seems to be getting progressively worse. The server was not able to speak good english and I knew this would be a problem. I ordered the surf and turf. I wanted my steak cooked medium. It came back charred and gray inside, they cooked any flavor the steak would have right out. They brought me another steak basically raw. I am not a picky person but medium should be easy for any novice chef. My lobster was chewy and had a funky taste. My wifes meal stuffed crabcakes she barely touched. My kids will eat anything really so they were fine. Between the service and the bad food we will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Fun atmosphere, convenient location, pretty good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoy treating ourselves to good seafood when vacationing if possible, and the Lobster Pot was very conveniently located - within walking distance of our hotel. We sat on the outside deck and enjoyed the live music and fun atmosphere. Our waiter and the rest of the staff were friendly and attentive, and the live music was great. Was it the best seafood feast we ever had? No... but it was good and priced reasonably. The staff and atmosphere made the evening, adding to our vacation experience.

Visited August 2013