“The beers are not "easy-drinking"” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
montreal
“The beers are not "easy-drinking"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend in Lake George, New York and decided to give The Adirondack Pub & Brewery a try. We were very well received by the sweetest hostess you could ever hope to meet. She told us that it would be a 30 minute wait so in the meantime we checked out the pub's gift shop. There were glasses, T-shirts, beer and growlers...etc ... When we got our table our immediate reaction was very positive. The decor was woodsy, of course and very inviting. Since our tummies were full from a previous meal at lunch we only ordered nachos which were the best we have ever tasted! But I think the biggest disappointment was the beer. It was not to our liking. I had the Bear Naked Ale and The Brown Ale and both seemed to disagree with me. My wife had "The Dirty Blond" and she didn't like hers either. We concluded that the beers tasted very "citrusey". They were not "easy-drinking" beers. Every sip seemed to be a chore. The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't stop burping. Next time I'll try the "Iroqouis Pale Ale" or "The Fat Scotsman". Maybe those will be more to my liking.

Visited April 2013

Sherrill, New York, United States
“Wish we had eaten here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a miserable dinner at a different restaurant we decided to stop here for a drink. Much better atmosphere and could tell just by looking at others meals that it was better food. The atmosphere was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We both tried some of their homemade brews and loved them. Would definatley go back!!!

Visited April 2013
Clifton Park, NY
“Good beer and food in an Adirondack setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Shopping at outlets sure can build up a thirst and hunger. So off to the closest brewpub in Lake George.

We both ordered pints of stout ($5 each) - oatmeal for her and imperial for me. Both were excellent. The imperial was just a bit sweeter and they were very different, but they both were full of flavors that lasted.

My wife ordered the Mountain Burger ($10.99) along with a cup of the soup of the day ($1.99 when added to the burger, otherwise $3.99). The Sirloin soup had huge chunks of tender and flavorful meat. Overall, a very satisfying soup. This burger is messy with sliced mushrooms, roasted red peppers, onions, lettuce, tomato, and provolone cheese, and the half-pound of ground beef has a great grilled flavor. The burger was served medium as requested and came with beer battered fries that were extra salty.

My burger was the Cheddar Bacon Melt ($9.99) had lots of bacon and that wonderful grilled flavor already mentioned. I ordered beer battered onion rings in place of the fries for an additional charge of $2.99. While I didn't think the rings were anything special, the chipotle sauce that came with them was the perfect touch. My request for a medium-rare preparation was noticeably more rare than my wife's medium burger.

Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. Overall, all good reasons for continuing to return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milton, VT
“Great Beer and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our visit was for a 40th birthday dinner. We had a large party with small children. Even though they don't take formal reservations I called and checked in during the week. Sure enough when we arrived we were seated within minutes on a busy Saturday night.
The menu was perfect as far as a great variety for all ages. The prices were fair and the portions were large. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our server was fantastic and attentive.
Also great micro brews! We will be back the next time we are in town!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Schuylerville, New York
“To be honest...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

To be honest, the food was good, not great. My burger was VERY pink (rare?), not what I would call medium, but still tasty. Wife's fish very good, and friends pulled pork looked good. I had a nice beer and a long list of on site brews. Got there at 4, too early for dinner menu. But our waitress was supernice, especially to our elderly gentleman guest. Friendly wait staff..huh...what a novel idea. Thank you. Nice, cozy, "Adirondack-style", lodgy tavern. Would love to go back again.

• Visited March 2013