“More Like Disgusting Johns” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Purling, New York
“More Like Disgusting Johns”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We got there late on Saturday nite. When we pulled in we thought, looks a lil dumpy but often mom and pop places look a lil run down but the food is good. When we walked in I saw there was a waiting area so I thought if people were willing to wait this place must be good - WRONG! If you feel like spending 20 bucks a head on disgusting food this is the place for you. Not one thing on the buffet that was good. Cheap Iceberg lettuce, fatty nasty ribs that had no flavor at all. Mac and cheese? Ummm... macaroni with a mysterious yellow tasteless sauce. We went back to our hotel with our wallet and our tummies empty, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone I hated!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Buffalo NY
“Don't Go There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I don't usually write reviews but I thought this was necessary. My family of four couldn't decide where to go for dinner on a Saturday night. My son found this place and said some of the reviews on another site recommended it. Don't be fooled. It looks kind of dumpy but as someone else said that some good food comes from mom and pop places. NOT THIS ONE. We were going to get the bbq buffet and I asked a man and his wife who looked like they were done if the food was any good. The man said "so-so" and I looked at his plate and it was still full. They left as were getting up to the buffet. I went to get a biscuit and a large ant crawled out of them. I put my plate down, told my kids and husband that we were out of there. I told the waitress that we changed our mind and we were leaving. She apologized and the man from the back came out to take away the biscuits. I am glad we left.

Padova
“Average place with decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My family and I were lured by the advertized fixed price all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet and decided to step in for dinner. Trays with freshly cooked ribs arrived at the same time as us, but the overall appearance of the buffet made us steer clear from it. As a few tables were taken, and no customer appeared to be eating from the buffet, we decided to stay and opted for steaks with baked potato or fries. These were savoury and well-cooked. Service was quick and polite. Price was right for the food but maybe not for the place which seemed a bit run down.

In conclusion, we had a good dinner but avoided the buffet. I think that improvement of food presentation is mandatory to make this offer appealing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jessica99
“fantastic buffet as well as a delious menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

i have gone there often on my visits to lake george. and it is the best darn food in the state. i most certainly recomed that you dine there. you will be in for a treat.

Long Island, NY
“Tired John's BBQ= worst food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

I should have known what to expect as soon as we pulled in the parking lot. Basicly an old double wide trailer left over from the 60's, but sometimes the best food comes from the small mom and pop shops, so we gave it a chance. HORRIBLE. the all you can eat buffet looks like it was also left over from the 60's. the salad was brown, the ribs were dry and chewy with the consistancy of beef-jerky, but with no flavor. even the Mac and cheese was brown. i mean, how can you screw up mac and cheese. Tired John has figured a way. the buffet consisted of about 6 items, all the trays were almost empty with noone refilling anything. my theory is that they cook on monday, and hope it gets them through the week. we went on a thursday. feel sorry for the friday customers. want good bbq. look somewhere else on the strip.