“Good but pricey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of George's Place for Steak

George's Place for Steak
3857 State Rte 9L, Lake George, NY 12845-5621 (Formerly George's)
518 668 5482
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Queensbury, New York
“Good but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went to George's on a busy Saturday night. After about a half-hour wait, we were seated. The service was very good, but at the prices they charge, the salad bar was disappointing (no romaine lettuce or bacon bits) and the meat tasted a bit like wood.

72% Recommend
East Hartford
“"George's Place For Some Darn Good Food!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I first ate here in June 2013, after looking for an off the beaten path place to eat in the Beach Road area. After hearing positive reviews about their food and early bird specials, my family, friends and I decided to check it out. We were not disappointed! The food was awesome. Their early bird specials are truly a fantastic deal. There is no way that you can leave George's hungry. The salad bar is to die for. The huge portions that they give you are unreal. When I went in June 2013, I ordered the sirloin, and it was fantastic. One of my friends ordered a lobster tail and sirloin, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost four months later and he still raves about how excellent his dinner was that night. I just went there again on 10/4/13, and ordered the prime rib early bird special. It was the quality and size that you would expect at a wedding reception. The staff was very friendly and my dad and I even met the owner. He's a really nice guy. Both times I went, no reservation was required. George's is truly a great find, and it never disappoints. We will be back in June!

• Visited June 2013
“Did it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Returned to georges for our 5th time of the season with a party of 8. (We have been coming her for 17 YEARS) this year seems to be better than the previous years. And we had found out on our last visit that this place was under new managment. Everytime we came to georges this year it had been a great experience. The salad bar has better options like fresh tomato and mozz salad the beef and broccoli salad is out of this world. The potato salad improved and the breads are out of this world. The waitstaff seems a little disoriented probably because there is some kind of uncertinty about the new management. Change is good!! New faces are good and new and creative food is good. We will return for many more years to come and hope to see new faces new food. Being a general manager from a ritz Carlton I know this will be a very successful restraunt for year to come. Keep up the good work.

Ps the prime rib is still amazing and the catfish is a dish I will eat everytime I come there thank you.

MR. AND MRS. Hammond

• Visited August 2013
Forestdale, Massachusetts, United States
“Delicious dinner and larger portions than we could eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dinner at Georg's Place was stupendous! The portions overlapped the 9 inch dinner plates and most of us took home doggie bags. I will definitely go back there the next time I am in St. George.

• Visited September 2013
Scotia, New York
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

....had Salmon in a lemony butter sauce....very good, nice and tender.....prime rib was excellent too full for dessert

Visited September 2013