“Enjoyable Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of French Mountain Inn

French Mountain Inn
You added French Mountain Inn to your Saves list
French Mountain Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1449 State Route 9, Lake George, NY NY 12845 (Formerly America's Best Inn Lake George)   |
Ranked #67 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
“Enjoyable Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

We arrived on Thursday and checked out on Sunday and our stay was pleasant. Unfortunately there is not much to do in the Lake George area during the spring months. The lake is still frozen so most of the village is closed until early to mid May. The staff was nice and professional. The only complaints that I have are that it is close to the road in a busy area and there was mold on the bar of soap that they gave us. But other than that the room was clean. I would recommend this motel for couples that are looking to get away while on a budget and people who like to shop at the outlets. The outlets are literally right next to and across the road from the property. I would also recommend this motel for families that are going to The Great Escape because it is only 5 miles away.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hoboken, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

French Mountain Inn is a typical motel, but not a very good one. Our room was large, with 2 beds, table and chairs, TV set, microwave and a small regrigerator. However, it was not very clean, bedding and towels were really old (with stains, holes etc.), ceiling with holes and stains ... We stayed there for 2 nights and did not have any room service. All that would have been OK (we've seen even worst places) if we didn't have to pay $125 per night (tax included). Maybe the price was higher than usual as we were there for a holiday weekend, but anything over $70/night is way too much for this place. On a plus side, the reception guy was nice and that is why we are giving them 2 stars (otherwise it would have been one). We would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

We cannot begin to tell you just how horrible the experience was. We decided not to stay at this location based on the reviews we read after we booked and canceled within the correct time period to get a full refund. We were charged before even staying at this location when we were told it was just to hold the reservation.

These people flat out stole from us. We were promised after calling for over a month a few times a week they were going to refund us.

John (believe he is the manager) actually said to my boyfriend "oh well man" and hung up on him. Extremely unprofessional. I've never experienced something like that in my life.

Do not give these people a second of your time and/or money.

• Stayed February 2015
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

My wife and I spend 25 nights in hotels traveling each year...and this is the worst place we have stayed in quite awhile. From the outside, doesn't look too bad...all we wanted was someplace to spend the night. Should have known something might be wrong when I was charged immediately for the room. Got into the room and wow...here's the list....TV from the 80's, shower a mess, with flange on shower loose and dangling off the wall, nothing on walls, curtains that did not cover the bottom two inches of the window, crumbs and dirt between the headboard and wall, microwave severely dented as well as mini fridge...and they are lined up on the bureau....unbelievable...human pubic hair on shower wall, poorly draining tub, abused furniture....charged $75.00 plus tax...should have been about $45.00 and much cleaner.
On checkout, we went down to hand in the key, and to give them a list of concerns...but the office doesn't open until 9 in the morning...this place should not be in business...stay away!
And to the listed comment by another writer....this hotel is no where near the heart of Lake George..it is out by the outlets...

Room Tip: As mentioned, do not stay here....even if it is the last hotel available in Lake George.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Blairstown, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Parking lot was nice. When entering the room, my family just about passed out from the overwhelming odor cover-up product. Complained to the front desk. They said it would dissipate. 3 asthma attacks later, it did not. The ceiling had been repaired at least 100 times from water damage and was still sagging in places. My fear was mold. The carpet was black with dirt and scattered burn marks. The chairs had burnt iron marks in them. The table was missing half the Formica. The room was bright orange and painted by a blind man as all the fixtures in the bathroom were covered with the same paint. Advertised 2 queen-sized beds. They were not even full doubles. Prayed that there were no bed bugs. The lighting was as dull as a candle (I guess to save power). Sleeping in a car would be a better choice, but needed necessary facilities. This hotel should be put back in the French mountains. DO NOT GO.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Loudonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My two girlfriends and I stayed overnight this past Thursday for a small bachelorette getaway. The room was ready early and Katie took time to show us around the property. The heated pool was fantastic! The small details were not overlooked, and our overall experience was excellent. Everyone was attentive with smiles and great service. The location was perfect as well, with the best of the village within walking distance. Thank you~we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

When I first read the reviews for this hotel I was nervous, but it was cheap so I booked it anyway. Check-in was easy and parking was fantastic. I got a room on the first floor (102, to be precise) and upon entering the room had a strong, but not unpleasant, floral scent. Everything was very clean and remained that way for the entirety of the stay. The beds were firm, but not uncomfortable. The bathroom was cramped and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The cramped bathroom would be my only complaint. The room also came with a mini fridge, microwave, and TV. I could connect to the WiFi and it was a decent speed. The location is pretty good. It's pretty much surrounded by outlets and it was a short drive to Lake George proper and the Great Escape. For the price, this was a clean hotel in a good location and was perfectly suited to my vacation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to French Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!