“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of French Mountain Inn

French Mountain Inn
You added French Mountain Inn to your Saves list
French Mountain Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1449 State Route 9, Lake George, NY NY 12845 (Formerly America's Best Inn Lake George)   |
Ranked #63 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Kingston, Canada
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

My wife and I spend 25 nights in hotels traveling each year...and this is the worst place we have stayed in quite awhile. From the outside, doesn't look too bad...all we wanted was someplace to spend the night. Should have known something might be wrong when I was charged immediately for the room. Got into the room and wow...here's the list....TV from the 80's, shower a mess, with flange on shower loose and dangling off the wall, nothing on walls, curtains that did not cover the bottom two inches of the window, crumbs and dirt between the headboard and wall, microwave severely dented as well as mini fridge...and they are lined up on the bureau....unbelievable...human pubic hair on shower wall, poorly draining tub, abused furniture....charged $75.00 plus tax...should have been about $45.00 and much cleaner.
On checkout, we went down to hand in the key, and to give them a list of concerns...but the office doesn't open until 9 in the morning...this place should not be in business...stay away!
And to the listed comment by another writer....this hotel is no where near the heart of Lake George..it is out by the outlets...

Room Tip: As mentioned, do not stay here....even if it is the last hotel available in Lake George.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Blairstown, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Parking lot was nice. When entering the room, my family just about passed out from the overwhelming odor cover-up product. Complained to the front desk. They said it would dissipate. 3 asthma attacks later, it did not. The ceiling had been repaired at least 100 times from water damage and was still sagging in places. My fear was mold. The carpet was black with dirt and scattered burn marks. The chairs had burnt iron marks in them. The table was missing half the Formica. The room was bright orange and painted by a blind man as all the fixtures in the bathroom were covered with the same paint. Advertised 2 queen-sized beds. They were not even full doubles. Prayed that there were no bed bugs. The lighting was as dull as a candle (I guess to save power). Sleeping in a car would be a better choice, but needed necessary facilities. This hotel should be put back in the French mountains. DO NOT GO.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Loudonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My two girlfriends and I stayed overnight this past Thursday for a small bachelorette getaway. The room was ready early and Katie took time to show us around the property. The heated pool was fantastic! The small details were not overlooked, and our overall experience was excellent. Everyone was attentive with smiles and great service. The location was perfect as well, with the best of the village within walking distance. Thank you~we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

When I first read the reviews for this hotel I was nervous, but it was cheap so I booked it anyway. Check-in was easy and parking was fantastic. I got a room on the first floor (102, to be precise) and upon entering the room had a strong, but not unpleasant, floral scent. Everything was very clean and remained that way for the entirety of the stay. The beds were firm, but not uncomfortable. The bathroom was cramped and the sink was outside of the bathroom. The cramped bathroom would be my only complaint. The room also came with a mini fridge, microwave, and TV. I could connect to the WiFi and it was a decent speed. The location is pretty good. It's pretty much surrounded by outlets and it was a short drive to Lake George proper and the Great Escape. For the price, this was a clean hotel in a good location and was perfectly suited to my vacation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have to say that this was the cleanest place I have ever stayed at. The owners and staff were great, the room was great and the best pillows. Hotel was a good location and we were able to leave our truck at hotel and walk in to the Village. We will definitely be coming back to stay here. Thank you to everyone for a great stay. See you soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katonah, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed in this hotel last weekend and it was a terrible experience. Although the hotel is advertised to be 100% no-smoking, we were given a room that someone had recently smoked in and the room stank. When asked to change rooms, we were told that no other rooms were available. We walked into the bathroom and had to walk right out and call the front desk as the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were nut shells around the toilet and the sink was filthy. The room was in disrepair, stains on the chair, rug and bedspreads. The beds had no fitted sheet and had to be constantly adjusted. The room had not been vacuumed recently and the carpet was coming away from the wall. I found this hotel room to be on par with my experiences staying in South American hostels but the price is outrageous for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed for a weekend with my wife. The room was decent, though lacking some things that I've come to expect from any motel/hotel I stay in. They have Wi-Fi, but the signal strength outside of the office is poor. There is no fridge in the room, but for ten bucks a day they will put one in. Not acceptable in 2014. They offer one tiny shampoo that isn't replenished when the room is serviced, and while this is more of a comfort thing, the mattresses are super low end and way too firm. Again, that's just my comfort level, you might like firm. We were on the first floor and could hear every step the people above us took. Now, I can get by all this stuff, since most of my time want spent in my room. The worst of all was the parking. It is atrocious. The lot ifs Ann awkward shape and you'll end up on the other side of the grounds, if you can find a spot at all. My gripes aside, it was affordable, clean, and got the job done. I'd stay there again if I passed through. I'd just love to see the little things corrected.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to French Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!