“TOO MUCH EXPENSIVE” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Lake George

You added Americas Best Value Inn Lake George to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Lake George
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 Canada St, Lake George, NY 12845 (Formerly Mohawk Motel & Choice Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Québec
“TOO MUCH EXPENSIVE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were there during las weekend. Outside looks good. should be clean on clapboard many mosquitos sticks on wall.
rooms was ready at 3h, but was available around 3.45. inside it is old, paint is new but there only one couch and they should add 1 or 2. tapestry on the wall is broken, ans turn around.
we pay $215 for one night. no breakfast overall it is too expensive.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVILakeGeorge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lake George, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are very sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay. You arrived in Lake George at one of the busiest of the seasons weekends and prices were higher than other weekends. We did not force you to take a room. Furthermore, it is very probable that our standard rooms were all sold out and all that was available was a larger suite room that was a higher price. if the rate was not to your liking, you should not have registered. We are also confused as we have only commercial wallpaper covering on all our room walls. We do not have paint nor do we have "tapestry" ?on the walls. We have framed hotel standard art work. We do not have clap board either on our exterior buildings. We have vinyl siding. Perhaps you are mixing us up with another property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked it for a week, 3 br townhouse. 2 tweens and 1 10month old, we needed a kitchen etc. Pool was great, its in a greenhouse so bad weather is not an issue. Place was clean and roomy. Only problem is wi-fi connection.....I told the owner if he can provide more wi-fi to the back that this place is perfect. Yes we will be back, only this time we are going to come bbq ready as the bbq pits are there as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
new england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Doing an antique show about 3/4 hr away. Room clean and comfortable. Go for upstairs rooms so no noise from above. No coffee maker in room. Lake George has silly prices in summer. Across road restaurant, fair. Only here for business. Hate to be here for a vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to this hotel many times now, both with my wife or with my biker group. With the group, the very friendly owner offered to have us clean the bikes off in a corner area on our last stop over. We love the quiet area in the rear where the covered pool and hot tub are. It's a great full sized pool and always the right temperature, private and away from the street, and the hot tub is the icing on the cake. The rooms are always clean and cozy and the television soothing after a long touristy day. It's always felt like a home away from home. The owners have always been great and ready to provide anything we've needed. The location is perfect too...just at the edge of the busy area so it's an easy walk to everything, yet away from the noisy crowds. I'll continue to go here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and 4 year old son for a long weekend at the beginning of July. It is very convenient for everything that Lake George has to offer. The main entertainment area is a few minutes walk away and it is easily located off the highway.

The good points about this hotel were the staff, who were very helpful and evidently very honest. I left my wallet in the room, and when I returned the maid had left it on the table with every dollar still in it.

The other thing was the pool and the play area. These were great for my son - especially the pool as the weather was a little unpredictable. My son had a blast.

It was also quiet, despite having a room right next to the main road, and it was clean.

The downside was the bed. The mattress was old, and dipped.... Felt like my feet where higher than my head.

Overall, decent stay although a little expensive for what it was. I'd stay there again if the price was right, but I won't tell people that this is THE place to stay in Lake George.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dorval, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

As part of my sons band annual trip to Lake George I made my reservation early. Approximately 26 hours prior to check in time of 3pm, I discovered that my ex-husband and children's father had misread their passport expiration date (the passports were in his possession). It was 13 feb/fev 15. The passports had expired! I immediately called to see if I could replace the passports in a day and was told there was no way. My next call was to this hotel to explain what had happened. I was rudely told that 24 + hours was not enough time to cancel, and I would be charged. When I wrote a letter stating that I was certain they could re rent the room, I received a rude letter saying that wasn't the point. I guess the point is to punish me. I understand that this is a business and it can't refund every no show, however, I gave over 24 hours notice and it's a very popular time to travel to the region that weekend. Imagine the good publicity the Inn would receive and the positive feedback I could give my other 50+ band members who travel to Lake George each year. Instead, I have a very different story to tell. I am disappointed that I missed out on a chance to travel to Lake George, but maybe I dodged a bullet

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My biggest mistake I ever made was checking in to this hotel, when I made the reservations on phone they told we get fridges included in the price, and we never did, the tv's aren't worth a dime, would rather look at the wall then on this screen, WHEN I CALLED TO MAKE THE RESERVATIONS SHE TOLD ME THAT THE TOTAL WILL BE 268.00 + TAX, I ENDED UP PAYING 603.00,
Please never do this mistake I did, prevent the anguishness and the headaches, the service here are worthless, nasty, ugly,
P.s. there were 2 people from from the same sex gender and they didn't let them in cause they don't allow 2 people with the same sex gender to sleep in one bed, I wanted to call the police for discrimination but those guys didn't want to press charges. I would close this dumpster (hotel) if I could of.
Sincerely a disapointed guest.

• Stayed July 2013
ABVILakeGeorge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lake George, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
It is truly disappointing that we have to read statements like you have written. Obviously you are being evasive about giving your name etc. If we had this detail we could have researched your previous stay and provided information to put the facts in the correct prospective. You have not presented the total picture as there is no way a price would have that much discrepancy, unless you brought additional people, which would reflect a rate change or require larger accommodations to fit everyone etc. No one who works the reservation phone would have made the statement about a frig included in the room rate unless you were talking about a kitchenette suite or a townhouse. It would be ludicrous to state something other than the truth about what we offer , as it would only bring confrontation at the time the guest arrived if we did. We have no idea what you are referring to about the same gender people not allowed in a room . If we have a double room and a same gender ,respectable couple wanted to rent a room, we certainly would have no problem with that. Someone with respect for another's property and of course is the required age limit that our policy dictates, is always welcome.
Again, it is very disappointing and unfair that you can make remarks as you have and these opinions are not substantiated by the complete, and true facts.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Lake George? Share your experiences!