“September 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake George Escape Campground

You added Lake George Escape Campground to your Saves list
Lake George Escape Campground
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   East Schroon River Road, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Catskill, New York
“September 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a great stay here with our family. Camp grounds are well maintained and clean. The recreation room and arcade could use some updating. The staff are all friendly and bathrooms, pool area and play ground are great. Our daughter and son in law booked the fall weekends there until Oct. We look forward to retuning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LakeGeorgeEscape, Manager at Lake George Escape Campground, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to having you back again!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wallkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice campground. Clean, friendly staff. We were there for Labor Day, so the resort was full, but quiet, clean, and everyone went out of their way to be helpful. There was a DJ but that music ended at 10pm. Alot for the kids to do, even though we had no kids. Our Lab loved the river for swimming. We would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Port Jervis, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just returned home from spending Labor Day weekend up in Lake George. We found the resort staff to be overall friendly. They were very accommodating when we arrived a day early with a site for us as we'll as allowing s to stay on that site when we discovered the next morning that our reserved site for the remainder of the trip was not large enough for a big rig. I would have liked a few more adult activities and more for my 17 year old. Shuttle into the village was clean and prompt. DJ was very good. Played all genres which was a pleasant change since most of the campgrounds we go to only play country or 50's. Nothing against that type of music but not all campers or RV'ers are country lovers or grew up in the 50's.

Room Tip: Sites on the river are nice but buggy and do not have sewer hook ups. Bring plenty of bug spray if o...
Ladera Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just returned from a great 2-night stay at this camping resort. First time here and loved the cleanliness of the bathrooms, showers and over all facilities. Lots of activities for kids and great amenities to keep everyone entertained during the day and night. i would recommend this place to friends and family for sure!

Colonie, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I have been visiting this park for the past 3 years. During this time we have seen the park make many improvements and changes. They are always working to make our stay as best as possible. I don’t agree with the comments on here about the place being dirty or how rude the staff are at all. We visit in off months and watch all the crew working day in/out on making sure things are of best quality for all from trimming back overgrown hedges, planting flowers, painting buildings, etc. Then, we also visit during busy months and see crew working to make sure people are taken care of. Anytime I have visited the front desk, store, grounds department, or security I have been giving service that exceeds my expectations. Specifically, there are 3 woman in the front office (Tina x2, MaryLee) that can’t do enough for you. For example, I locked our family out of the camper one year. I went to the desk and they helped me immediately and even let me borrow a personal key of their own, which to me is above and beyond. Another more recent example, I was camping with my 2 young girls and the toilet got clogged. My kids flagged down the security and within minutes they had the maintenance crew in my camper fixing it for me, including a crew member that was off duty camping with his own family. Not only did they fix it they gave me advice on how to prevent as well as put a smile on my face. To me, that shows you that the crew has a lot of respect for its guests and really try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Overall, in my opinion all of the crew work hard to put a smile on people’s face while keeping the place in great condidton.

The activities are very well organized, fun and provide all day action for all age groups. The few times I have used the public restrooms I have always found them to be clean, stocked and find them to be readily available throughout the park. I don’t frequent the pools often but the beach is always clean. The arcade could use some more $.25 games but I would not consider that a complaint but rather a request to try and get more “alone” time while my kids enjoy the freedom of being able to do something without “mom and dad”. The courts to play outdoor activities are clean and always have the sporting items available for loan (no cost). I say no cost as I saw a few people complain about the fees associated with some of the other activities ( hair braiding, pedal carts, boats, tattoos etc). I would just like to comment back that I have never been to park that offers these similar activities without a charge. Further, I have never been to a park that although they offer for charge extras; they compliment them with comparables that are included in the daily schedule at no fee. For example, they offer free hair painting, cart races, tattoos’, jewelry making, memory journals, etc. As a parent, I appreciate the effort put into the activities and limit my children to the “extras” on an occasional basis. It is a win/win for people of all budget types while keeping the flexibility of not having to “say no” all the time as you can always offer them a great alternative.

Overall I rate this park to exceed my expectations and have not been to a better one in the area!! My complaints are very few but are listed below:

DJ: Would like to see more of variety. Even if the same DJ were to be there. Maybe more themed based nights and/or activities (musical chairs, limbo, etc). With that said, I think they are still doing something right as my children every time we are up there haunt me to go to DJ and would go every night if we let them. You see a lot of children up there really having a good time. I don't agree with the complaints about the noise level. When we visit the park we stay within very close proximity of the DJ and the noise level is minimal.

Laundry Facilities: The washer/dryer are priced in line with what I have seen at other places. However, the quality of the machines should better reflect the amount they are charging. Bigger/new machines would benefit the park.

Traffic: Public does not obey the 5 MPH rule. A suggestion would be to put some speed bumps in the areas of high traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LakeGeorgeEscape, Manager at Lake George Escape Campground, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you Heather B. for your honest review. We hope to have you back this upcoming season!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice place but they don't apply There rules. Few dogs kept barking all day, no security guy warned them. Very small campsite. Very clean place and shower. Small pool for such a big campground. Poor wi-fi. Would not return. Doe's not worth 70$ a night.

• Stayed August 2013
East Fishkill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I have been going to this place for over 10 years and we have noticed that since it's become corporate it has been going down hill fast. I agree with the comment about the drinks at the bar -$4 dollars for a beer and the mixed drinks are gross and slushy and expensive too. My friend ordered a grey goose on the rocks $14 dollars for that drink. I could see paying maybe $6 or $8 dollars for that drink but $14 really. The music at the bar is extremely loud when I asked the bar tender to lower it she did but also gave me a dirty look. The food at the café is gross nothing healthy all frozen crap that they take from the freezer and deep fry and it takes forever for you to get your food.....Very disappointed at the management as there seems to be no one that cares.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LakeGeorgeEscape, General Manager at Lake George Escape Campground, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Im sorry for your experience at the Cafe, and do value your business . We changed the menu to Appetizers and Fast food as quite frankly, this is what most of the requests are for. French Fries, Nachos, Pizza, Ice Cream, Mozerella Sticks, Chicken Fingers, etc. Most people cook their meals on their site and come to us for snacks. We did also bring in a Fresh Produce and Health Food stand located at the front of the Lodge for those more healthy minded customers. Im not sure about your specific order at the Bar but that is the price for a "double" of Grey Goose. Interestingly we have requests all day to turn the music up, and then someone will request to turn it down, We really do try to accomodate everyone as best we can. Please dont give up on us. You have been coming here for 10 years for a reason. Please contact the General Manager so I can give you my personal number and make sure you are taken care of as you deserve. Thanks Again for your business.

Been to Lake George Escape Campground? Share your experiences!