“NEEDS SOME TLC...COULD BE A GREAT VACATION SPOT” 3 of 5 stars

Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Rte. 9N South, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #73 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Pittsford, New York
“NEEDS SOME TLC...COULD BE A GREAT VACATION SPOT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Roaring Brook could be a great spot for a vacation with some TLC.... horse backing riding was great and the views are good. Needs some updating and this would be the place to stay. I was told updating would happen IN 2014, WE WILL SEE. I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN WITH SOME CHANGES. EVEN IF YOU DONT STAY AT ROARING BROOK CHECK OUT THE HORSE BACK RIDING ITS A LOT OF FUN!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
gatineau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

First time ever to comment on trip advisor. DO NOT GO TO THIS SO CALL RESORT. stayed for 1 night. it was run down and dirty. couldn't believe how dirty our room was. we took some pics and complained the next morning. they sent us a check for $25 to compensate. what a joke. i know some folks would say better than nothing however we should have at least received half our money back. so ok there is a rustic feel to the grounds but that's it. the only good thing about this place is the location. should have booked the Quality Inn

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sidney, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed one night. The beds needed some serious updating. Very under-staffed at bar and dinning. was not worth 150.00. I should have booked the budget inn.
Its really to bad because I love the rustic feel and the land and location was great. I loved walking up to the stables to see and pet the horses. They will fold or go under if they don't get busy updating all of it and hire some help.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

What a joke and a bad joke it was on me. Over $300. for 2 nights and no hot water and customer service does not begin to even exist here,called down to front desk to tell them they said they would send someone to check boiler like this was probably a common problem they consistently have. No apology not even a check back to see if problem was remedied I believe they could have cared less they had my money. Not even a apology or any concern upon check out.

• Stayed August 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was the worse hotel get away for the weekend. My husband and I decide to get away for the weekend, I booked this hotel for the pool. Don't know why, we have in ground pool in our house. So there were places chipper then Roaring Brook Ranch by $ 50. But what done is done. Next time read reviews!! It is not much about the price as the worse experience. At night when my husband wanted to drink cold water, it was coming very hot. And in the morning when I went to take a shower. Hot water was going for about 2 minutes and then was coming ice-cold, I had to jump out from the shower. When we called frond desk, they ask which room number and they send somebody to fix the problem, but it is outside of our room. We waited for half an hour and called them back. They said problem was fixed, and just wait a few minutes, hot water is regenerating. So when I went to take a shower, it was still coming hot or warm. But my husband had to rinse himself in a cold water!!!! Was the worse experience ewer. Front desk never said I am sorry you had a problem with a water. Plus we wasted about an hour total waiting for hot water. So definitely not just worse the money but not worse to stay in!!!!! And hairdryer you have to ask at front desk. Which is very inconvenient too!!!?? We are in 21st century!! Hair dryer at front desk!?

Room Tip: READ REVIEWS, they are for reason!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Shelton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We gathered here for a family reunion. For that purpose, this place was great. It's very large and since there seemed to be no one else there but us, we had a lot of privacy. We could sit by the pool at our leisure, sit outside our rooms and talk late at night, play tennis without a wait, etc. The other plus is this is only about a mile from everything - it's centrally located and it's really on a beautiful setting. We went in July, which is peak season for Lake George... and as I said, our first night there, we were virtually the only people there (Thursday). By Saturday a few more people came, but they weren't the kind of people I'd want to vacation with...so I liked it much better being the only ones there. The other reviews are spot on - This place is from the 70's. Our room had absolutely NO hot water for 3 nights, no clock, very spotty lighting and smelled very moldy. A few candles and open windows helped with the smell, but bring linens and a clock, also there are no blow dryers. For our purpose this place worked, but that's because we could laugh about it... If you're going with a bunch of people and are "good sports", this should work for you, otherwise - find some place else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Roaring Brook Ranch holds a special place in my family's heart. I've been visiting for as long as I can remember. One of the things I love about Roaring Brook is that they are owned and operated by family, and they truly treat you like family during your stay.The piece of land that this resort sits on is truly spectacular. Watching the horses graze in the beautiful pasture with Prospect Mountain in the background is an image I will never forget. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner every day in the main dining room. The food was delicious and the staff was very warm and accommodating. Coming from a Texas girl, I can honestly say that the horseback riding is SPECTACULAR. I would stay at this resort just for that activity. Curtis knows the ins and outs of Roaring Brook property and will show you BEAUTIFUL scenery. You must go to the "look-out" it is simply stunning. The rooms are dated, yes, but what they lack in room amenities is made up with stunning views, fun activities and priceless memories that Roaring Brook Ranch and Tennis Resort, provides.

Room Tip: Request the Cabins that view towards Prospect Mountain.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Resort? Share your experiences!