My family and I stayed at the family suite at Prospect Aire Motel for 4 days. For $169.00 a night you couldn't beat 2 rooms 3 full beds and a twin, plus a kitchenette. We were offered a free continental breakfast for the entire family. TV and Wall A/C Unit were included. We were able to save money on dining by cooking at home. We didn't even have to drive to town because we were only a few blocks away from all the action. In addition we had discount tickets at the local water park. However, below are some of the items missing at this motel . If your only concern is price and convenience of motel location, then these items may not discourage you from going to this motel. These items were:
1) Cleanliness - The rugs left black dirt marks on the bottoms of our feet. Kitchenette had an uncleaness to it (old sponge, no soap, old flatware and toaster). Cobwebs behind furniture.
2) No elevator - Carrying luggage to the 2nd floor and strollers was difficult.
3) No room service; (no food service or daily maid service). There wasn't even a broom or vacuum for us to clean our own room.
4) One bathroom for 7 people
5) Security - Didn't feel safe due to 2 outside entrances; children could easily leave.
6) Parking was tight.
7) No pool.
8) No lounge
9) No indoor activities
10) No data port
11) No telephone
12) Basic TV stations
13) Mattresses were not comfortable and didn't smell clean.
14) Room had musty smell.
15) Central Air
Now if cleanliness and amenites are not necessary for your stay, and all you are concerned with is price, then this motel is a great place to stay if all you want to do is sleep (and even that won't be too comfortable because of the mattresses). On a good note, the owner Carol seems very nice and I'm sure she would lend you a couple extra towels every day and a broom if you asked for it. Really folks if you are trying to get away with a lot of people and can't afford it, you should still consider it.
- Also Known As:
- Prospect Aire Hotel
- Prospect Aire Lake George