“Don't go on the fireworks tour” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 28 Activities in Lake George
Type: Tours, Bodies of Water, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: A fun activity for the whole family, this popular cruise company offers steamboat tours of historic and scenic Lake George on three ships: The Minne-Ha-Ha, The Mohican and The Lac du Saint Sacrement.
Massachusetts
39 attraction reviews
“Don't go on the fireworks tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went on this at night for the fireworks, my bad. After the fireworks are over it's dark and there is nothing to see for 2 hours.

Visited June 2012

Saratoga Springs
16 attraction reviews
“Great Views from the Big Ship!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have gone on several luncheon and dinner cruises and each time I really enjoy being on the water, food is good and the entertainment is also quite good. Lots of crazy Red Hat ladies add to the fun in the Summer Months.

Visited July 2012
Glens Falls, New York
24 attraction reviews
“Good and great way to see the lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

You can choose from short or longer cruises. The food on the longer cruise is really good. Big surprise there. Best way to see the lake and the lake houses,

Visited July 2012
Onset, Massachusetts
76 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had a great trip on the Minne-Ha-Ha; enjoyed the narrated tour and the entire boat ride provided fantastic views of the lake, the islands, and the homes.

Visited September 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“2 1/2 hour ride on the Mohican”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our Family (Hubby, two little boys aged 2 and 4 years & I) had actually wanted to take a paddle boat cruise on the Minne-Ha-Ha, but as it was scheduled to rain on the weekend (the only days the Minne takes to the lake) we decided to ride on the Mohican steam boat instead. Firstly a bit of advice for parents, this may not be the boat that you wish to take with small kids. The length of the tour 2.5 hours, Minne's only an hour. The length of time was way too long for our guys and you couldn't really enjoy the cruise because we had to walk them around the entire boat the whole ride; it's the smallest boat the company has, so we did MANY laps of the boat. Little boys just can't sit still for that long. (Bring lots of toys, books, crayons etc... if you decide to go with little ones). The lunch lady at the food area was very sweet, kudos to her PR skills. Anyways - The reason why I gave the tour a low score was for the following reasons:
1. When we bought our tickets the agent said we would be have a scheduled stop on an island. We thought this would allow the boys some time to run off some energy. But when we got to the Island, the Captain announced that during the Summer they stop there, but not during the off season. What!!

2. This boat is the smallest of the fleet and needs some reno's done ... also note that the Paddle boat is cheaper than the Mohican, it's also bigger and has a shorter tour...so families take this boat instead. OR use the Lake George Shore Line Cruises company, the Horicon has daily tours for an hour, the boat looks newer and the tickets are cheaper. (Wished I'd known that prior to booking this boat) Also another boat with the Shoreline the Adirondac has children tickets for free (mon-fri) Damn wish I'd known that prior to buying tickets as well.
Anyways the main reason for the POOR grade is:
This boat is not baby friendly at all - my youngest is turning 2 on Halloween and has not been potty trained yet. So needless to say we had a poopy diaper occur - I looked everywhere and could not find a change table. The lunch lady (I wish I could remember her name, said there was none on board and that the only private area was the floor of the gift shop. As I did not want to use a table in front of other passengers, for privacy & politeness; I went to the bowels of the boat to the gift shop. It was empty and the only person was the counter staff... I asked the lady if I could use the floor in the corner behind one of the displays. I did tell her that I had a change pad and that I would take the diaper with me & She said "NO that she couldn't allow that!" Now I explained that I didn't want to make the other passengers uncomfortable by doing it on the upper decks, as well as I wanted a bit of privacy. Again she denied the request. Now the gift shop I speak of was deserted and old looking and not in the best shape. If it had been busy and clean in the first place, I would have understood the reluctance. The area I had wished to use was secluded, so that if someone else came down the stairs into the shop, I would not be in full view of another customer. Anyways I was very displeased that the boat didn't have a change table to accommodate families & that there was no alternate place that one could use. I left the shop back to the deck and asked another employee of a place I could use and again was told to use the gift shop!! Anyways final solution - my husband changed him on the floor of the men's handicap washroom (there wasn't a handicap bathroom for the ladies and the regular bathroom had no room for me to do it in) YUCK - I bagged & bleached the change pad when I returned home.
Anyways my advice wait for the weekend and get a paddleboat experience OR use the alternate steam ship company.

Visited September 2012