“over 10 Years of Happiness” 5 of 5 stars

Depe Dene Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3494 Lake Shore Drive, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #41 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
A TripAdvisor Member
“over 10 Years of Happiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

My family and I have been staying here for over 10 years. We look forward to staying here every summer. It's very relaxing and peaceful, and great place for families!

Keep up the great work!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2004

I don't know where to begin. Two days prior to our family trip I had emergency surgery, because we booked a cabin we could not cancel our trip without losing our deposit which was almost $700.00. We decided to make the best of an unfortunate situation. I figured since Depe Dene was a resort my husband and children could enjoy the activities and I would recover in the cabin. I'm sure my description of the cabin could not possibly do it justice but I'll try, first there was the musty smell that overcame you as you walked in, our cabin had two bedrooms with bedspreads I would not allow my animals near. Before I could allow my family to sit on the couch I went out and bought a sheet to cover it. The rug had things on it like old food, candy, and dead bugs. The dead bugs were much better than the live one that kept showing up. The brochure never told me that resort meant roughing it. The hot water came out of the cold water fawcet and vice versa. The ping pong tables on the grounds had broken nets. The jacuzzi was usually full of small children that had parents who would turn off the jets so the children could use it like a small pool because the real pool was too cold. When I read some of the great reviews I can only wonder if these people have ever stayed at a real resort. If your idea of a vacation is to be able to carry alcohol beverages anywhere on the property then okay I get it but honestly other than that I can not understand the attraction. Even while we were there my daughter would tell me that other guests told her that Depe Dene was one of the best places in the Lake George area. We spent most of our time away from the "resort" because I could not recouperate in the cabin. Surfice to say we will not be returning.

BAITING HOLLOW, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

We booked a week trip 7/24 -7/31/04 and on 7/26 we headed home!!! B.S. DEFINITELY did not stand for "Beach Suite"! They said it would accomodate 4 people - whata crock of crap. There were only two tiny rooms. My son's playpen took up one room (and its not very big)and the other room with the two beds took up that entire room. No closets, no dressers. We lived out of suitcases - fine, but we never had an area to open them! There was no a/c in the bedroom and no hot water, and No Microwave. The supposed living room was a tiny area with a tiny dirty couch and t.v. My Stepdaughter had to sit on the gross carepted floor to watch. I definitely agree with the comments that i recently read about the outside area being dirty. Garbage pails overflowing with no lids - bugs everywhere, no maintenance crew existed. HOW DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF??? $200 a night and WE LEFT 5 DAYS EARLY and lost all that money - plus all the money spent on supplies (they give you nothing in the room), plus we left a refrigerator full of food - so desperate to leave. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS, and at the time, we didnt care, just so desperate to go home. Now that we're home, kissing our driveway, my one yr. old (who, belive or not has never really been sick) picked up a virus (Coxsackie) - in which you mainly get from touching dirty objects. His first day of being sick, he had a fever of 104. If that didnt make my blood boil - i am now brewing over losing all that money, and will be notifying the Better Business Bureau - as well as our credit card co., and suggest all others who were scammed do the same!

Rocky Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2004

This will be our 8th year at Depe Dene. We originally stared out coming with one other family. We are now up to 8 families because each year everyone comes back again and again, while bringing additional families. The place is terrific, staff is pleasant and friendly and very helpful. Cabins are clean and air conditioned and the beach is one of the nicer ones on the lake. There is a large area for the kids to play soccer and baseball with 3 different play grounds (swings, slides,junglegym). It is very close to Six Flags Great Escape, miniature golf, rodeo, horseback riding and waterpark and about 5 golf courses. We will continue to keep coming back

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2004

When I took my daughter to one of the playgrounds every swing was old, rusty and broken, broken glass all around, not a fun or safe place for children. Beach is dirty, the garbage bins constantly full and buzzing with flies. the service is non-existant except for the nice guys renting the wave-runners, which is a seperately owned business, and the Lone Bull folks, also seperate.

Don't stay here unless you enjoy getting ripped off.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

After staying at Depe Dene for the past two years, I am horrified on how greedy this establishment can be. In December we scheduled our vacation and sent them a down payment for the trip we planned on taking the end of June. In early June, I was told by my doctor that I would have to have emergency spinal fusion to prevent paralysis of my limbs. We called Depe Dene and explained the situation but they refused to give us our money back or allow us to apply it to another week or year. This is simply bad business and we will never retu

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

I've been going to depe dene forever...wiffleball, late night drinkin, music, the last week of july, la lake, LG, always with tons of family, people we've grown up with and see a little more than once a year...it is the annual festival, 12 days away! town, silvermine, the lone bull, guiseppes, outets, stars, jacuz, skinny dippin and vast stars await!!!

see all of you there if you're lucky enough to join us!

BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY AND HOT ~21 CHIX!!! HAHAHAH

Been to Depe Dene Resort? Share your experiences!