“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 146 restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food definitely not your typical mall food , all food made fresh and tastes great. It doesn't look fancy but its the food that counts and it was excellent and service was also very friendly

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Vaudreuil, Canada
“Great service, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place doesn't look that much at first. Once you taste it, you just want to go back. Food is homemade fresh and the service always with a smile. They even surprised us with an free ice cream delight, when we were done eating. It is in the entrance of a mall so don't expect any cosy atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colonie, New York
“[UPDATE] This place just got a whole lot better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Now I have to say I have loved the food this place puts out from the start, its amazingly prepared fresh each order. I have reviewed this eatery in the past with flying colors, other than the dining area that used to be, well, nasty. They have completely redone the dining area with all surfaces new, clean and pleasant. No more putting napkins on the seats before sitting on them..... lol. Keep in mind the owner/cook here is a CIA graduate master chef, its a hole in the wall (literally) shop, but incredible food every time. Right next door to the Under Armour outlet, great place to be located. My favorite is "The Chief", a roasted turkey sandwich with bacon, avocado and a signature spicy BBQ sauce, awesome! Their pizza is all home made from scratch each day as well, and it is incredible. This is an all gluten free menu, I am not a gluten free guy but nonetheless, this food is all 110% excellent.

Visited February 2013
Plainfield, New Hampshire
“OMG Delicious! Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When you are done shopping at the outlets stop here and eat at Sammy D's!! My daughter and I shopped here and we could smell the food when we got out of the Dress Barn!
We followed our nose and found this small counter where you could purchase food. Across the aisle were tables and we thought...hmmm.
We were greatly surprised at the quality and quantity of food! The staff was wonderful and helpful! I ordered a quesadios (sp?) with chicken, cheese and onion and it was better than any restaurant that I have ever been to! Crispy on the outside and the inside, just melty delciousness!
My daughter had a pulled pork sandwhich and she also said that it was the best she had ever had. She said that it wasn't all runny and gooey and had big chunks of pork in it to give it that great pork flavor. While we were there they had just made some homeade tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwiches and we got a sample! Homeade cookie taste with different ice cream flavors!
I of course had to buy one to split with my daughter after that taste test!
Will def stop in here again!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Potsdam, New York
“A New Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have to echo the great reviews on Sammy D's. This little gem focuses on quality, taste and choice for each customer. Not only are the breads and desserts freshly baked, the customer has the opportunity to mix and match a variety of ingredients. The staff offers additional suggestions for combinations or items that go together well. The talents of the trained-chef/owner are evident in this taste experience. It will be a required stop for my family whenever we're in the Albany-Lake George corridor of the Northway.

• Visited September 2012