“diamond in the rough” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Montreal, Canada
“diamond in the rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just when I thought of giving up on Lake George restaurants.. Sammy D's came to my rescue! After a day of walking we were starving and were going to try to find something half decent on Canada Street.... but I had to make a quick stop at underArmour for soem gear first.. Low and behold.. I see a huge line up at Sammy D's/... what is this place??? A set up like a fast food restaurant where you submit your order at the front, however here they make it in front of you, and bring to your table.... hmmm... The smell of grilled chicken and pesto and roasted red peppers hit me... I had to try this place. I had a simple, freshly prepared chicken pesto wrap... TO DIE FOR! No it is not because we hadn't had a decent meal in my 3 days here in LG.. this was truly the greatest wrap I have ever had. Everything from the moistness of the chicken to the freshness of the salad and wrap itself. Healthy, cheap, and very tasty and satisfying! KEEP IT UP GUYS!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I both had a sandwich here upon our arrival in Lake George. The food was good, I had the chicken BLT and she had the pulled pork, but it seemed to take forever to get it. We got a little annoyed with the wait, but the as I said before, the food was good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, Massachusetts
“poor business practice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

stopped in sat am to get a breakfast sandwich--i have a place up here in lake george and spend 5 days a week here during summer--when i went to pay with a debit card--they tried to upsell me- telling me they have a $5.00 minimum on credit cards--i explained -but to no avail---its debit --money comes right out of my account--no chrg to u!!!!!!! better teach ur employees the difference---also no sign up explaining NOO DEBIT CARDS UNDER $5.00 ---I THNK THIS HAS TO BE POSTED--- i will look into this w/ the local governing bodies---thnx--disgusted w/ sammy d;s

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Best Quick/Fresh Food in Lake George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Their wraps, chili, and fresh baked bread are enough to give Sammy D's five stars however I can attest as a frequent visitor that the entire menu holds up. Conveniently located in the outlets and just near Great Adventure, it is a go to stop in Lake George. Pick up a sandwich for a boating day on the lake or stop for a rest during a day of shopping. You won't regret it. We had Sammy D's cater a party for us which was a hit with everyone in attendance.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn
“Excellent sandwiches and the brownies are beyond description!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was shopping with dad at the Lake George Factory Outlets and went to use the restroom, which is located near Sammy D's Cafe. The smells of the fresh bread, cakes and cookies being baked were too much to resist. Dad and I split a big bowl of chili and a cheese steak sandwich. MORE than enough for 2 people. The chili was amazing and the steak sandwich was made with REAL steak... not some variety of Steak-um meat that is often passed off for real steak. On the way out I went to complement the woman behind the counter only to be met with the most scrumptious, mouth-watering and irresistible aroma of brownies that were just removed from the oven. I had to have one. Dad and I both agreed that these were the best brownies we have ever tasted. For the rest of my life, any brownies I eat will forever be compared to the one I had at Sammy D's. I can't imagine ever having one that will be better than that. If you happen to be shopping at the outlets or in the area in general, I would strongly recommend having a bite at Sammy D's. Oh I almost forgot... leave room for the brownies!!!

• Visited March 2012