“The worst hotel ever, really a nightmare!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inns Lake George

Scottish Inns Lake George
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Scottish Inns Lake George
You added Scottish Inns Lake George to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Five Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Montreal, Canada
“The worst hotel ever, really a nightmare!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Lake view Inn, Scottish Inn or whatever its named was the worst hotel experience ever for me and my family. We were met with the pundgent odor of mildew. The room was disgusting, from the carpet to the ceiling. The matress,microwave and bathroom were very dirty. There was mold in the bathroom, rust on the ceiling runners,stains on the drop ceiling. We went to the front desk were told we could not have a refund on the rooms. This wasn't just my family having a bad experience,friends traveled with us and thier room was just as bad. I would strongly encourage anyone considering staying in this hotel. It is a very unsafe establishment. This place has to be condemed. In my opinion the category of 2 stars gave to his hotel was a big mistake. It needs to be inspected to reconcidere this category to the lowest possible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We arrived at the Scottish Inn excited about our weekend in Lake George. As soon as we pulled into the driveway I knew we had made a mistake. The exterior of the hotel in 1950'2 circa and in need of repair. Upon entering the office we were met with the pundgent odor of mildew. We continued to check in,complete all paperwork and after the owner charged my credit card we were told the rooms I needed for the second night had been mistakenly given to someone else and they would do thier best to accomadate us. I reminded them I had children and needed adjoining rooms as discussed with the owner himself on the phone. Again, told they would do what they could. Frustrated we went to the room and we were SHOCKED by what we saw. The room was dirty fromthe carpet to the ceiling. There was mold in the bathroom, rust on the ceiling runners,stains on the drop ceiling. The only source of heat was a space heater in the room and NO WORKING SMOKE DETECTORS! We tried to call the front desk to speak to the owner and behold the phone didn't work! We went to the front desk were told we could not have a refund on the rooms. Now this wasnt just my family having a bad experience,friends traveled with us and thier room was just as bad,no heat,mold,broken bathroom window with wind coming in moving the shower curtain. I would strongly encourage anyone considering staying in this HOTEL of HORRORS NOT TO! I wasnt expecting the Ritz Carlton when I booked this room,however I wasnt prepared for the disgusting,filthy unsafe establishment we got. This place needs to be condemed before a fire breaks out from the space heaters and someone gets hurt.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I really appreciated the visiting family experience I felt staying -

Not Fancy - just coming Home

Thanks Jimmy

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend to meet up with friends. The website makes the property look acceptable.

We checked in, and this place is real bad. Dirty, full of mold, the worst place we have ever stayed.

Avoid this place at all cost. It is not clean!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleaniness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

I was there for Americade this year and stayed there because I wasnt able to make an advance booking to the hotel that our group usually stays in and I must say that despite the reviews we had a wonderful experience. The rooms are updated and clean. We didnt expect to the Trump towers in an adirondack village. I got a chance to speak w/ the owner directly and was very pleasant. I would stay at the scottish inns again next year.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Scottish Inn Lake George is a Horror Motel, a Nightmare. The Manager is deceitful, rude and a crook. I made a reservation, and Thank G-d I didn’t stay there. No wonder it’s the only property that had vacancies on the Adirondack Nationals Weekend!! – down the road from the show! I cancelled my reservation with the Manager, well in advance for this auto weekend, (my 15th year here); he gave me a confirm number and had the audacity to subsequently Charge my American Express Card $350.00 in spite of the fact that I cancelled more than a month prior to the deadline of “7 days prior to arrival date” of Sept. 7, 2007; (for a place with no negative reviews). They charged me not only for the first night, if it truly was a no-show; but charged me for two nights! I’m a hard-working female and I’m currently disputing it with American Express; the NYS Consumer Protection Board; the Attorney General’s Office; and Expedia.com. Fellow Hot Rod’rs! STAY AWAY. jb

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management untrustworthy; dirty accommodations
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

Well I guess thats what I get for waiting so long to book a motel in Lake George. I booked this motel aweek in advance and should of know, when they had all kinds of vacancys and every other place was full,there was somthing not right. Well for starters I have to say the folks that ran the place were very nice, but OMG i have never stayed at a more filthy,discusting place in all my life. It was so dirty that the popcorn bags and used toilet paper was still in the room from the people before. I wouldnt even let my kids sleep under the sheets. Besides the fact of being dirty, they have no extra pillows,towels, they give you no cups or and ice bucket. They gave us 2 towels and one wash clothes for a family of five. When booking the room I asked for a rollaway which I never got and my poor husband ended up sleeping on the floor with 2 bedspreads and no pillow, next to an ant motel. Well this experience taught me a lesson, that is if everyone eles is booked and you find a place with all kinds of rooms available be weary be very weary.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Scottish Inns Lake George? Share your experiences!