“"friendly mgmt, clean & only a short walk to the village"” 4 of 5 stars

Lake View Inn Lake George
5 Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #24 of 28 Lake George B&B and Inns
Germantown, New York
“"friendly mgmt, clean & only a short walk to the village"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Booked just one night mid week for my daughter & I to spend a little time in the village. The woman who checked us in was friendly & welcoming, the room was on the second floor, plain but clean. There was some recent remodeling done and you could see that they needed to finish the trim in places. The floor resembled a hardwood but was most likely a laminate and looked brand new. My only complaint was that there was a lack of properly placed mirrors and outlets in the room & bathroom to do your hair or wash. I enjoyed the bathtub and the water pressure & temperature were perfect. The beds were of average comfort, pillows OK. It was a short walk into the village and we could park very close to our room. The value was great for the cost of the room, esp during summer season. We booked through Hotwire. I would go back to stay without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We come to Lake George every summer. The place where we always stay was not available for that night. Thank God! Because we have discovered the best place in town! Rooms are newly renovated! Hard wood floor surprised us the most. Room was spotless. Walking distance to LG beach. We got a top notch room for a reasonable price! We highly recommend this place to everyone - families or couples - you'll love your stay!!

• Stayed July 2012
Salinas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am halfway through a 2-day stay and so far I've been impressed. The motel is a 20 minute walk from down town and you can get to the lake even more quickly. I was in an end room that was HUGE compared to the average hotel room. There were 4 windows. The back one looked out on a leafy green stream. There was a new floor, a fold out couch, 2 tables, 2 arm chairs, a microwave and frig and still lots of open space. Mary, the manager, is very obliging. I needed to fax something and the office took care of it. I'd come back.

Room Tip: Get a place where you can walk to dinner and the lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just had one day stay with my family last weekend, booked two rooms, much better than I thought, all are recently renovated decently sized rooms, very short walk to the center of Lake George village, one of the best price rate in the area. We were very happy with this motel in most all respects. The Owner was very nice, and told us call-in can get even better price than book on-line, would definitely recommend, and stay longer next time.

Room Tip: Call-in first
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed for Americade 2012. Many of the hotel rooms have been recently remodelled and its clear they are doing their best to upgrade across the board. Our room was completely redone, new floors , paint, brand new bathroom. The maid service was excellent.The Manager , Mary is wonderful. Incredibly helpful and very gracious. We will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I will not suggest anyone to stay I found MICE crawling in my room & BED BUGS. I had to leave the Hotel in the middle of the night....Sorry the Management need to take care.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My frugal side overcame common sense when I booked this motel. Mind you, Hotel.com gave it good reviews but the price should have alerted me. The room had a badly stained, dirty carpet. The bed was comfortable but we could not lock the back window - which didn't have a screen. Some sort of insect nest was nestled in the window. Nor could we even open the blinds in the front window. The tiny bathroom had an equally tiny mirror hung so high it'd be useless for someone under 5 ft.4. There was an overhead light and a table lamp between the two beds but no lighting in the corner, which had a table and 2 chairs. There, only the bottom plug of the electric outlet was usable. Spend the extra and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake View Inn Lake George? Share your experiences!