“OMG, I can't get enough!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake George RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake George RV Park
You added Lake George RV Park to your Saves list
74 State Route 149, Lake George, NY 12845-3501   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“OMG, I can't get enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is our family's 4th year of camping in Lake George. We camped here in our motorhome. LGRV Park is BY FAR the best camping resort we have visited. They have been consistant with their excellent customer service, their clean facility and their beautifully kept grounds. Word of advice, before visiting any attractions, restaurants, outlets etc., check out the different discounts available located in the visitors center inside the office, which is awesome by the way. You will find discounts, itinerary ideas along with directions to different places in the area. Also, LGRV Park accept reservations as early as the Fall of the previous year. Reserve early especially if you will be visiting there during a holiday. Happy camping!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

It's pricy {as far as camping goes} $70 (for 2 people plus $8 per additional person over the age of 5) is more than well worth the cost if you have a family.

With multiple playgrounds, indoor/outdoor pools, two movie theaters, paddle boats, video arcades (requires change to play), bingo, fishing pond, ping pong, arts and crafts, trolly transportation to the outlets and to lake george, basketball tennis and softball fields/courts, rainy day activities, wireless internet, playhouse (with magic shows, etc) all included in the cost of your stay....this is the best campground for families with kids. You have tons of options for keeping the kids occupied, regardless of the weather conditions.

Tip: We have always opted for the 138 − 354 loop (more centrally located), rather than the <100 loops or 400 loop. I always remember hearing the trucks drive by on the main road in the <100 loop (by the east building), and there are less trees between sites in that area.

Added Plus: The campground directly connects to the Warren County Bike Trail...which is a PERFECT smoothly paved trail for biking, running, walking, or roller blading...and leads right Lake George!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Colchester, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our family had our first camping adventure in our pop up. Lake George RV park exceeded all expectations. Amazingly clean, family-friendly, and near to all attractions. Loved the free wi-fi and cable. We now will have to compare all other camping experiences to this...which I am sure will be hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife, two young boys, and I came here as new rvers to test out the new rv on a short trip. I grew up in the Lake George area and had always driven by the place, but had never been there. Boy, what a campsite!

As I sit here right now, I am at my site using the ubiquitous, free wi-fi. Apparently, the "free" part is new this year. Every site here has all of the amenities including 30-50 amp elec, sewer, water and cable. Right here on my partially wooded site, there are some hydrangea bushes and small evergreen trees that have been manicured and surrounded at the base with mulch. (really? Mulch at each site? I used to wor at a campsite and they were lucky if they cleaned the fire rings on a regular basis) Anyway, I digress..........There are a lot of campers here, and they are packed in pretty tightly, but it doesn't feel crowded. All of the camp roads are paved, and the boys have had a ball riding their bikes around the loop near our site. Last night it was quiet, and it appears that everyone respects the quiet hours.

There are two main parts to the park, east and west. Each part has a main (or group of) buildings. We are on the east side. The east building has an indoor and outdoor pool, game room, cafe, and movie theater that shows nightly movies. Near this building is a newly resurfaced/sealed blacktop section for those rvers who don't want to get any dirt on their 100k + rigs. Bathrooms and showers are also in this building and appear to be impeccably clean. West side is even bigger with more pools, rec areas, store, etc.

There are waaaay too many other things to mention about this place, so here are a few other thing that I noticed. Multiple playgrounds, tennis and basketball courts, biking and walking trails, nice store, propane and wood delivery to your site, numerous activities and entertainment events on site, trolley to nearby outlet shopping and Lake George, the list goes on and on...........

Again, as I stated, we are new to rving, but I knew this was a special place as soon as we checked in. That was because when you get your map of your site, it is on the back of a giant, 20 page color booklet that outlines all of the cool things at the park as well as many area attractions. While we used this place as a short weekend "test" of our new rv as it was not that far of a trip and was close to family, we are so impressed that we will probably be back many times in the future. My only worry is that this first rv trip may have spoiled us for any other future rv park. Gotta go, fireworks are on tap in a bit!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went to Lake George with 5 couples for Labor Day.

We took the camp shuttle to the outlet mall on 2 days. (the ladies did)

Drove into Lake George for dinner one night and spent one day at the beach.
(Not the best dinner or beach but had a good time at both)

Spent most of the time at the pool - 2 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool.

Enjoyed the Adult Lounge playing pool. (no bar that was my first thought when I heard lounge)

A couple folks when to the movie. (playing Fri and Sat and 2 different theaters)

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a really nice place to camp while in the Lake George area. What the previous poster said about everything being included in one nightly rate isn't exactly true. The rate is only for two adults.

I have a problem with a place billing itself as "family" and then charging an additional amount per night per kid. Most "families" are traveling with their children and it would go along way if at least two kids were included in the rate. I also don't like that they charge for WIFI access. I can go into a coffee shop and for the price of a 2 dollar cup of coffee get free WIFI but with my $78 a night campsite I have to pay another 20 bucks for 4 days worth of WIFI access.

This is a great place that could be fantastic if only they included children and WIFI in their rates. The shows are fantastic as are the grounds and the pools. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when a place nickles and dimes you on the small stuff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My family has been camping at the Lake George RV Park for three generations. My grandfather brought my parents when they were kids and now I am visiting annually with my own kids. Everything is included in one nightly rate - a full hookup site (50 amp electric, sewer, water and cable TV) Lots of pools - indoor and outdoor. High quality live entertainment in the French Mountain Playhouse. These shows really are top notch. Better than any of the shows I recently experienced on board a Carnival Cruise. We have tried other Lake George area campgrounds when we couldn't get into LGRVP but always left disappointed and looking forward to returning to this great park. You really get what you pay for at this resort. Beautifully landscaped grounds, immaculately maintained. We really enjoy the tennis courts, free paddle boats and extensive paved bike rails. The hiking trails to the top of French Mountain offer incredible views of Lake George. The location is superb. Literally close to all the best shopping, restaurants and attractions - the Great Escape amusement park is just down the road. We use the free trolley service to move around this large campground. There is also an express trolley that you can take right to Lake George village. We return to LGRV Park year after year because we know we will get what we expect - a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Lake George RV Park? Share your experiences!