“Equal to the best restaurants in any city” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Vegetarian, Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Bistro LeRoux, chef-owned and operated by culinary team Jacob and Tiffany Guay. Located at the corner of Bay Road and State Route 149, Bistro LeRoux blends the heritage inherent in its name with the innovation of its menu to offer a truly unique dining experience.Its menu offers sophisticated Adirondack Cuisine made with only the season’s freshest ingredients. Items range from its Veal Osso Bucco, to its Grand Marnier Bur Blanc Grilled Salmon. Bistro LeRoux is proud to also offer half-plate options to suit any appetite, and well as gluten-free and vegetarian meals. A full menu, including a children’s and dessert menu, can be viewed on this page. With so many options for dining, and a great selection of food brought to you in the spirit of family, all that’s missing from Bistro LeRoux is your company!Bistro LeRoux is open Wednesday - Sunday, (Closed Monday and Tuesday), from 5 pm to close.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Equal to the best restaurants in any city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although the exterior of this restaurant is less than inspiring, the interior is very nicely designed with a fine color scheme and lighting. The bar is very inviting and cozy, a real find in LG, where most bar areas are more suited for a party scene. Our server seemed to be a bit new to the job, but was pleasant, timely with orders and drinks, and helpful. The menu offers half sizes for both entrees and starters at reduced costs to the full order. The half size was certainly enough for us.
We ordered short ribs and the lobster dish. Flavors were layered, with complexities and nuances that made both of these dishes exceptional. Seating is well spaced, the room is fairly quiet, so conversation was easy despite the room being fairly full. There is a fireplace in the dining room.
Drinks are generous and well made. This restaurant would be at home in any large city, lucky for the area of LG it is here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Good, very good, in another area this place would be average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After reading the reviews, this was the first restaurant my son and I went to while we were up at Lake George. Taking everyone's advice, we made reservations. We were greeted warmly and there was no wait, we were showed to our table. The restaurant has this casual chic vibe, very enjoyable - the kind of place you would want to stay hours in, lingering over drinks with family and friends. The staff were all wonderful, knowledgeable.

I think there are two reasons this place has outstanding reviews; considering all the other restaurant in and around Lake George, this truly is one of the better ones and let's face it, we don't have food critics writing these reviews - not everyone knows great food. And we don't know the source of review authors.

Based on reviews, I ordered the truffle fries. They had a lot of taste. Not so much truffle, more of the pesto on top. And I would have loved if the fries were crisp, but unfortunately, they were some what greasy. Still enjoyable, but certainly not the best truffle fries I've had. I have the short ribs. The meat was cooked perfectly, so tender. The sauce was a bit heavy on the salt - a bit heavy in general.

The cappaccino panna cotta for desert was good, certainly not memorable. Still wonder where the cappuccino flavor was.

The pro's of this place are that the atmosphere and decor are so welcoming, the staff wonderful, quaint location, the ability to order small or larger plates, a truly much better than average wine list and good food. The con's are that the food is over rated and judging from the reviews, the chefs do not seem consistent and this is a pricey place.

Would we go back? Considering the options in and around Lake George, yes. I would probably stick to items on the menu that were made with fresh local ingredients and I would stay away from entrees with sauces.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Queensbury, New York
“Maybe an off night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Living locally, we had some friends visiting and decided to have dinner here. Overall the dinner was very nice and enjoyable, with only one complaint of the evening. We had 8 in our party and when ordering, my wife asked how many scallops were in the 'small' plate - to which the waitress said 3. Fair enough, so after she ordered, I ordered the 'full' plate of scallops, which I would have expected to have at least 5 or 6. When the dinners arrived, a waitress (who was training so this may have been the confusion) - went to give me the scallops I ordered and I said I had the full on. When she looked at it, she said just a minute to check on it. She then brought the plate back and said, o - this is the full one. There were only 3 regular size scallops, and then one more about 1/2 the size of the others. My wife's plate then appeared very similar to mine and had the 3 regular size on it. I almost think they may have either just put in for 2 small plates, or possibly they were low on scallops tonight? But, with the formula for a small plate being 1/2 the price + $1 of the fulls, I would recommend possibly just ordering 2 small plates (when ordering the scallops), pay the extra dollar and get a 'full' plate. As on our bill this evening, the one 1/2 scallop was not worth the double price...But like I said, we have dined here before and the food has always been perfect, so I hope this was just either confusion in the kitchen or a miscue with the new waitress. I didn't want to bring attention to it with our guests, as they all seemed quite happy with their dishes.

Selkirk, NY
“A welcome addition to Lake George area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This restaurant is a nice addition to the Lake George area for those looking for a quieter place to dine away from Lake George village.
This restaurant has potential so I hope that we just experienced an evening when the kitchen was a little off. My husband's pomme frittes appetizer while full of flavor were lacking the crispness that he was looking for. The third member of our party had to return his entrée to the kitchen as it was luke warm in temperature when it arrived to the table. The short ribs were fork tender but a little dry.
On the plus side - it is very nice to have the option of small plates for appetizers, salads and entrees. It provides an opportunity to taste more of the items on the menu and not leave feeling uncomfortable. The wine list and wine specials are well chosen for the menu. The wait staff is friendly and attentive but not over bearing.
You need reservations as the space is small and very popular.

Montreal, Quebec
“Popular Resto, very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A nice little restaurant with an ecclectic fine dining menu. The meal was well prepared and the wine list was better than average.

• Visited August 2013