“An American Classic!” 5 of 5 stars

2143 U.S. 9, Lake George, NY 12845
518-668-5418
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a restaurant that is completely separate from the Howard Johnson's Tiki Resort.
nickrapak
“An American Classic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This restaurant is one of the last three Howard Johnson restaurants in the world, and it does a great job of respecting that tradition. We went here last September, on the last night of operation for the year (they are only open from May-September). I was with my parents, and they remembered the days when HoJos dotted the landscape. My mom ordered the hot roast beef, my dad ordered the fried clams, my sister ordered the mac n' cheese, and I ordered the fish and clams. All of the food was excellent, and was as good as my parents remembered. At first, the waitstaff seemed a little bored, but as time went on, they opened up and became more friendly. Whenever I am in Lake George, I will make it a point to come here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great to be back at Hojo's again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were in Lake George for the weekend, and Howard Johnson's was our restaurant for that time. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The restaurant has been recently remodeled, and looks fresh and new inside. Lots of tall windows make it bright and airy. The restaurant was very clean, as were the bathrooms. One of the managers, Pat, was very nice and quite helpful, along with an also wonderful staff. The breakfast buffet (only on the weekends) is not to be missed. Western scrambled eggs, homemade french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, and hash browns are the main attractions, along with fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. It was all delicious. Lunch was good, especially the french fries. Friday night is all you can eat fish and clam fry, with of course the famous tender-fried clams, which were as good as I remembered. Beer and wine are available. We had the dinner buffet on Saturday because on it was one of my all time favorite Hojo items: Beef Burgundy. It was so good, I went back for seconds. We really enjoyed every meal, especially breakfast. And, the price couldn't be beat. If you stay at the Super 8 next door (as we did), you get 10% off at Hojo's. The only downside to this restaurant is that it is only opened seasonally, usually from mid May until early October. It was Hojo's the way I remembered as a kid and teenager. It's a shame that there are only 3 of them remaining.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere