“prospective wedding couples beware” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Continental, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The View Restaurant is located at Dunham's Bay Resort and boasts an incredible view of our namesake bay. Our farm to fork centered seasonal menus expertly crafted by Executive Chef AJ Richards with a keen eye for the freshest local ingredients offer multiple Vegetarian and Gluten Free options. The View is open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in season and serves Dinner and Sunday Brunch on The Bay (Voted #1 Sunday Brunch in the Post Star's Best of the Region 2014)year round.
Saratoga Springs, New York
“prospective wedding couples beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

our wedding this last week-end was not what was sold to us.At 74.00 a plate. Guests arrived at
3pm .Food was not put out until 4.Humus thrown in a bowl with veggies cut into tiny slivers was
not replenished until we complained.The portions at dinner tiny left everyone hungry.This place is a big ripoff.The diningroom smells of dirty carpet and chlorine. they must write their own reviews

Ashfield, Massachusetts
“unacceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

the "view" shown on the website is not from any table I saw at this restaurant. Maybe the picture is from an outside table, maybe. The food, a spinach salad - spinach from a local CSA - was inedible. So many wilted/fermented leaves, neither my friend nor I could stomach it. Also the table water, despite having lemon added tasted like chlorine. I will say the wait staff was friendly, but when we complained about our meals all we got was a sheepish, "I'm sorry." I was looking for a restaurant with a nice view of the lake, what I got was an establishment I'll never return to and recommend you not go there either.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bohemia, New York
“Another one not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not worth what they charge and the food wasn't all that good. Other better places around for the same, if not less, money.

Visited August 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Share a taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What wonderful food and what a wonderful view. We ordered two different entrees as we wanted both. Split the dishes in half and ended up w/surf and turf. Scallops from one dish and filet from the other. too full for desert. Would have had a glass of wine but was not looking forward to the winding drive down the mountain - maybe the wine would have made it better. Actually the ride up seemed more challenging. But what views! would go back

Visited July 2013
Farmington
“The food is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My extended family and I were visiting Lake George on July 24 and used a restaurant.com gift certificate at this restaurant. The view is outstanding, the service was excellent, and the food was awesome! The cheddar broccoli soup was really good - the best I've ever had. I had the chicken caprese - chicken, rice, tomato and mozzarella. Ate the whole thing! Several of us had the Mediterranean pasta which was really tasty. We had no room for dessert, but we do plan to return for the Sunday brunch. This is the quiet side of the lake, but not far from Lake George Village. The prices were average .... The food was excellent!

• Visited July 2013