“Wow was this good food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: They are basically Turkish, however they call themselves Mediterranean. Check out their site. Also the phone Number is 518-668-2037. Or simply check them out. They're great.
Bronx, New York
“Wow was this good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We thought we would just have a quick small meal as a snack and were pleasantly surprised . Not quick but good freshly made food . We were glad we ordered the Lavash bread . Very very good bread . We had the chicken shish kabob and absolutely loved it .

Visited May 2014

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good--but DO NOT believe reviewers about their falafel :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Overall, the food here was not bad. Their Bread (which is not really Lavash nor roti, but normal, home made Arabic bread--also typical in villages in Turkey) is very good but ridiculously pricey. I don't understand why they don't serve lahmacun, since their bread is perfect for that! Their falafel is probably made from canned beans, and seems to be baked rather than fried--the worst falafel we ever had in our lives. My husband even asked the staff if it was in fact falafel! The Baba Ganoush was delicious. Ayran tasted like it was made from house-made yogurt. Overall, the food is what I would call very good, homemade- style Turkish food. My husband is from way far north in Syria (virtually identical food to turkey), and we lived in Germany for years--where virtually every restaurant is Turkish. This place could not compete with even the cheapest, crappiest place in Turkey or Europe, as far as food goes. The family that runs it were very nice and polite, but of the 2 that were obviously employees, 1 seemed confused and the other rude. We were lucky and were seated immediately, but every group who came in after us waited an extremely long time, primarily because the empty tables sat uncleared for a very long time. Adults who aren't on a time frame will probably enjoy their meals, but I would not take hungry kids here, based on both wait time and prices. Their prices are not ridiculous for sit-down dining, but their food is more suited to fast food--though served painfully slowly.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chennai
“Special Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Two main points - One is the interior and second is the service. Our family was there on 2nd May 2014. We were not hungry but we wanted to try a different cuisine. The moment we entered, felt the difference of the interior. I really liked the interiors and the owner started telling me that he will charge me extra for the photos (jokingly) that I started taking immediatly. The chicken and the lamb dishes we ordered was superb and we thought we may not finish it when it initially came. But the taste made us finish the entire food. The hand made bread was a totally new experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Worth a trip for the curious - a nice break from the usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

First I must say I liked the decor. They did a great job with the interior - the tables, wall art - all that looks much nicer inside than the outside would have you believe.

We spoke with a guy (a local?) that said they recently redecorated - it certainly shows.

The place is located right in the heart of the touristy side of Lake George, across from a nice park and very close to the water.

Service was good, our cups stayed full and the waiter (very young guy) was friendly and helpful explaining menu options.

I had the beef & lamb gyro and found it to be pretty tasty. I was surprised to not see it come with any side at all (not even rice???). I left not really all that full and wished I had ordered something larger. My wife ordered the falafel wrap and said it was very good and filling.

She would certainly come back and I probably would as well, but I would order something as a side to have with my meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Hand made bread to order is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Price is reasonable. Falafel wrap, Gyro wrap, and the stone oven cooked bread with tzatziki sauce was outstanding. I only wish they had more for children - like a plate that offers chicken without seasoning and possibly some standby's like apple sauce. Luckily our daughter loves dolmas.

Visited April 2014