“Wonderful! Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 147 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: They are basically Turkish, however they call themselves Mediterranean. Check out their site. Also the phone Number is 518-668-2037. Or simply check them out. They're great.
NY
“Wonderful! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We decided to go here after reading reviews on Tripadvisor - and we are so glad we did! Family owned with great cuisine. They menu offers pictures, which is helpful for those who are not familiar with the cuisine. We loved the lavash and yogurt that comes as a complimentary appetizer to the meal. The grape leaves were average, I may not order them again, as the lavash was filling enough. He got the Lamb and I got the Chicken (both with the spicy curry) - we loved it!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Yonkers, New York
“Didn't like the chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Maybe I ordered the wrong thing. I wasn’t really sure what to order and I thought this would be safe. I had the chicken gyro. Not a big fan of huge chunks of chicken. It was dry and fell out of the pita. Shredded chicken or smaller pieces would have been a lot better. The bread they give you with the dipping sauce is so good, I would go back just for that.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Wonderfully spiced lamb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We found most restaurants in the Lake George area served very bland food. This was an oasis. The first lamb wrap I had was so good I ordered a second one "for the road." One of the teenage girls we had along was a vegetarian and the other a ravenous carnivore. Thankfully, both ate here happily. Nothing fancy, but the service was quick and courteous. The atmosphere is quite casual and perfect for quick family meal. We thought the prices were fine but we're used to Manhattan.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manhasset, New York
“Even the kids loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We were in Lake George with our 3 sons, ages 10, 12, 14. As you can imagine, it is difficult to choose a restaurant to everyone's liking. We went to Ali Baba based on some Tripadvisor reviews and we are glad we did! The fresh, out-of-the oven pita with the yogurt dill sauce was gobbled up by the boys, as were the gyros, chicken gyros, salad, and meat pies. All the produce for the salad and gyros was crisp and fresh. The chicken was carefully selected white meat, seasoned to perfection, as were the meats. Each one of us loved our meal. The atmosphere add to the experience - it's authentic and delightful.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Who wrote these reviews?!!! Friends and family of this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I ate here with high hopes of having a fantastic meal with my family.. all the wonderful reviews, this must be great... sooo wrong! Food AND service was HORRIBLE!!
I went with my sis, 2 nieces and nephew.. We ordered the chicken kebab platter, 5 small pieces of chicken, white rice( yuk, i prefer rice pilaf when I order Turkish food), and a gross side salad... we also ordered a lamb dish, I do not eat lamb, but my sis told me it was "eh"... last but not least.. the falafel.. the biggest star on the menu that ppl seem to love.. I really did not get it. It was not good. Not terrible, but NOT good.Lets face it, its just mashed fried chick peas, how can u mess that up. Again, I am wondering if all the reviews on here are from ppl who know the owners here, or simply do not know good food, or never had this kind of cuisine before. I know Lake George is not known for 5 star restaurants,I was just expecting a lil more judging from all the great reviews..
I also mentioned bad service. Our waitress did not come by once to see if we needed anything, we had to flag her down for their waaay bland tahini sauce and hot sauce . The only upside was that she came and gave my lil 'nieces and nephew a lollipop after we were done paying the bill.

Visited August 2011