“Nice views from our balcony” 3 of 5 stars

O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   410 Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #42 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Berkley, MA
“Nice views from our balcony”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in their lake front cottage unit 26, we had amazing views of the lake. As we arrived there was a large bee problem on both of our balcony's, we contacted the front desk and they came right out to try to take care of it. They did take care of the one on the side entrance but the main balcony overlooking the lake was still there. We ended up buying two cans on bee spray but even that didn't take care of it... If you rent this unit be careful... The unit was clean but we did bring our own blankets because I had read a previous review and I was very glad that I did, as they were not the cleanest... The queen bedroom's mattress was really bad, not the best to sleep in...

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets and bee spray!!!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shelton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked last minute and should have listened to the reviews. Room smelled horrible dirty sheets dirty towels mold on walls and shower curtain. Office closed when we went to complain and was closed the next morning at 9 as well. Stay away

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Second time visiting Lake George this summer and I couldn't be happier with my stay at O'Sullivan's Motel, had a blast and can't wait to return :D

Contrary to the previous negative reviews this motel is a great deal, and the rooms are clean (at least our two rooms were). Not sure what they were complaining about.. Anyway the property is nice and if you're traveling with a bigger group I'd recommend renting one of the lakefront cabins. The pool was clean and the water was great, real refreshing taking a dip after visiting the village during the day. Ping pong table as well which is always fun. The location truly is ideal as it is walking distance to the attractions, shops, and restaurants in the village, and also has its own little lake front beach where you can swim or take a boat out directly onto the lake.

Overall had an awesome experience at this motel and recommend it to those looking to visit Lake George and stay at a prime location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very cozy rooms and in good condition. Most important- clean. I stayed there few nights with me friends. We all loved it. I felt very much like at home and had a great rest over there. Ideally located for access to the lake through private beach and very close to village centre in a walking distance. Very nice and friendly employees.
Summing- nice prices, great stay.

Room Tip: Cabins by the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mahopac, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I just enjoyed another great 2 weeks at O'Sullivan's. The room was just the kind of cozy, comfortable, rustic accommodation one would expect staying in Lake George. The staff was courteous, the room was cleaned daily. I was reading some of the negative reviews and couldn't understand the hostility of the authors. But I guess some people are just miserable, whiny travelers and have unreasonable expectations about what a stay on Lake George is. One woman complained there was no iron! Do your ironing at home! What do you need to iron anyway, your swimsuit? In the 14 years I've stayed in LG, I can honestly say I've never needed an iron. Besides, if I ever needed anything, all I did was ask for it at the desk and I received it. Another person complained about the price...did they see what the other motels charge??? For the location, which is right on the water and at the north part of the village, these are the best rates you'll find. When I travel to a place such as Lake George, all I ask for is a clean room and clean sheets and towels; I'll provide the rest. If you're looking to be pampered, maybe Lake George isn't the vacation destination for you. But if you want a comfortable and enjoyable stay, the staff here will ensure that you are more than satisfied.

Room Tip: The motel rooms are more updated, but the rustic cabins have private decks with outstanding lake vie...
Sidney, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family has vacationed in Lake George for many years usually we stayed in smaller family owned motels a little farther out of town. We decided that we would try O'Sullivan's. What a mistake. The place was filthy. The bathroom was the most disgusting thing. The dirt on the grout was unbelievable. The Bedspread and blankets were dirty, I am not even sure if they changed the sheets when I pulled the blankets down there was hair on the sheets and pillowcases. No clock,No Iron,No blow dryer or even a coffee pot. The noise was unbelievable. I finally got to sleep at 3am. The only nice thing was the young gentlemen at the front desk. I cannot believe that they have the nerve to charge $150.00 or more a night when the place is like $59.00 night place. They should be ashamed of themselves. Please don't wasted your time or money on this place its not worth it.

Beacon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel advertised recently renovated rooms which the staff confirmed when I call to make reservation.The room looked like it was out of the 1940's. The wood, countertops and bathroom was all nicked and broken. Cobwebs in each room and bugs on the curtains. Paneling in all the rooms make it even worse. Bedspreads and blankets were gross. Thank God we brought our own. No electric in the bathroom and one bedroom. When we called to have it fixed they said maintenance wouldn't be back till tomorrow. I had to get upset before they finally did something and then the staff was nasty. I left a note for the manager before we left and never heard from them yet. Please don't waste your hard earned money on this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel? Share your experiences!