“Highly recommended - great location!” 5 of 5 stars

O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   410 Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #45 of 88 hotels in Lake George
New York City, New York
“Highly recommended - great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Second time visiting Lake George this summer and I couldn't be happier with my stay at O'Sullivan's Motel, had a blast and can't wait to return :D

Contrary to the previous negative reviews this motel is a great deal, and the rooms are clean (at least our two rooms were). Not sure what they were complaining about.. Anyway the property is nice and if you're traveling with a bigger group I'd recommend renting one of the lakefront cabins. The pool was clean and the water was great, real refreshing taking a dip after visiting the village during the day. Ping pong table as well which is always fun. The location truly is ideal as it is walking distance to the attractions, shops, and restaurants in the village, and also has its own little lake front beach where you can swim or take a boat out directly onto the lake.

Overall had an awesome experience at this motel and recommend it to those looking to visit Lake George and stay at a prime location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very cozy rooms and in good condition. Most important- clean. I stayed there few nights with me friends. We all loved it. I felt very much like at home and had a great rest over there. Ideally located for access to the lake through private beach and very close to village centre in a walking distance. Very nice and friendly employees.
Summing- nice prices, great stay.

Room Tip: Cabins by the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mahopac, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I just enjoyed another great 2 weeks at O'Sullivan's. The room was just the kind of cozy, comfortable, rustic accommodation one would expect staying in Lake George. The staff was courteous, the room was cleaned daily. I was reading some of the negative reviews and couldn't understand the hostility of the authors. But I guess some people are just miserable, whiny travelers and have unreasonable expectations about what a stay on Lake George is. One woman complained there was no iron! Do your ironing at home! What do you need to iron anyway, your swimsuit? In the 14 years I've stayed in LG, I can honestly say I've never needed an iron. Besides, if I ever needed anything, all I did was ask for it at the desk and I received it. Another person complained about the price...did they see what the other motels charge??? For the location, which is right on the water and at the north part of the village, these are the best rates you'll find. When I travel to a place such as Lake George, all I ask for is a clean room and clean sheets and towels; I'll provide the rest. If you're looking to be pampered, maybe Lake George isn't the vacation destination for you. But if you want a comfortable and enjoyable stay, the staff here will ensure that you are more than satisfied.

Room Tip: The motel rooms are more updated, but the rustic cabins have private decks with outstanding lake vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sidney, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family has vacationed in Lake George for many years usually we stayed in smaller family owned motels a little farther out of town. We decided that we would try O'Sullivan's. What a mistake. The place was filthy. The bathroom was the most disgusting thing. The dirt on the grout was unbelievable. The Bedspread and blankets were dirty, I am not even sure if they changed the sheets when I pulled the blankets down there was hair on the sheets and pillowcases. No clock,No Iron,No blow dryer or even a coffee pot. The noise was unbelievable. I finally got to sleep at 3am. The only nice thing was the young gentlemen at the front desk. I cannot believe that they have the nerve to charge $150.00 or more a night when the place is like $59.00 night place. They should be ashamed of themselves. Please don't wasted your time or money on this place its not worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beacon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel advertised recently renovated rooms which the staff confirmed when I call to make reservation.The room looked like it was out of the 1940's. The wood, countertops and bathroom was all nicked and broken. Cobwebs in each room and bugs on the curtains. Paneling in all the rooms make it even worse. Bedspreads and blankets were gross. Thank God we brought our own. No electric in the bathroom and one bedroom. When we called to have it fixed they said maintenance wouldn't be back till tomorrow. I had to get upset before they finally did something and then the staff was nasty. I left a note for the manager before we left and never heard from them yet. Please don't waste your hard earned money on this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Space Coast, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok, first of all let me say, you can't beat Lake George, NY. We have had some of our best vacations there. The location of O'Sullivans can't be beat. It is right on the lake. It is also on the trolley stop. They have cabins that are closer to the lake than our room was, but they are rented by the week and we didn't have that time, so we stayed there one night of our stay. They advertise on the sign that their rooms are renovated. Maybe in 1975, but not anytime remotely close to this century. Now, anyone who has read any of my reviews knows that we enjoy kitsch and don't always need to travel first class, but this room was just sorry. We stayed in room 19 which had 2 bedrooms, enough room for all 6 of us. The view was nice, and that's about where it ended. There was a bad musty smell in the room that putting on the a.c. did not fix. Neither did air fresheners. The carpet felt smooshy in front of the refrigerator. The bathroom was small and disgusting. The grout around the tile by the door looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in years. There was an old bar of soap left on the top of the tile in the shower. The front door didn't close properly. We had to stack furniture in front of it to feel remotely safe. I called the front office to get towels and the person who left them never even knocked on the door to let us know they were left outside on the chair. Oh, we also wanted to use the kayak and they actually charge their guests to use them. $10.00 per person, per hour. Did I mention they charged over $210.00 for the room per night? Oh and they make sure they tell you upfront, NO REFUNDS! I know what you're probably thinking, "you should've looked at the room first!" And you would be right. If I had, I would not have stayed there. Period. I was just thinking that a motel that had been around since probably the 50s or 60s and advertised 'renovated rooms' would have at least been clean, but no... this room was sad. Oh, and dirty, and overpriced for what you get. Oh and also, pretty gross. We decided not to use the dirty bathroom for showers. It was just that bad. Thank God, we brought Lysol with us. My recommendation to you is stay away. If you want to chance it, look at the room first. Otherwise, skip it.

• Stayed July 2013
OSullivansMtl, General Manager at O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I appreciate you giving us a try as well as the constructive nature of your comments. I do sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to your satisfaction and will make sure to share your notes with our staff. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
Wallington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

O'Sullivans was the perfect spot for what we wanted: a peaceful stay with lake access, a place to sleep with nice living room and great location, as well as being affordable. Took a row boat and kayaks onto the lake during a beautiful Sunday and could not have been happier, the staff at the front desk was very helpful.

I recommend eating at the Lakecrest Inn for breakfast, great service and tasty food just a short 3 min walk away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel? Share your experiences!