“Vacation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Beacon, New York
“Vacation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel advertised recently renovated rooms which the staff confirmed when I call to make reservation.The room looked like it was out of the 1940's. The wood, countertops and bathroom was all nicked and broken. Cobwebs in each room and bugs on the curtains. Paneling in all the rooms make it even worse. Bedspreads and blankets were gross. Thank God we brought our own. No electric in the bathroom and one bedroom. When we called to have it fixed they said maintenance wouldn't be back till tomorrow. I had to get upset before they finally did something and then the staff was nasty. I left a note for the manager before we left and never heard from them yet. Please don't waste your hard earned money on this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Space Coast, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok, first of all let me say, you can't beat Lake George, NY. We have had some of our best vacations there. The location of O'Sullivans can't be beat. It is right on the lake. It is also on the trolley stop. They have cabins that are closer to the lake than our room was, but they are rented by the week and we didn't have that time, so we stayed there one night of our stay. They advertise on the sign that their rooms are renovated. Maybe in 1975, but not anytime remotely close to this century. Now, anyone who has read any of my reviews knows that we enjoy kitsch and don't always need to travel first class, but this room was just sorry. We stayed in room 19 which had 2 bedrooms, enough room for all 6 of us. The view was nice, and that's about where it ended. There was a bad musty smell in the room that putting on the a.c. did not fix. Neither did air fresheners. The carpet felt smooshy in front of the refrigerator. The bathroom was small and disgusting. The grout around the tile by the door looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in years. There was an old bar of soap left on the top of the tile in the shower. The front door didn't close properly. We had to stack furniture in front of it to feel remotely safe. I called the front office to get towels and the person who left them never even knocked on the door to let us know they were left outside on the chair. Oh, we also wanted to use the kayak and they actually charge their guests to use them. $10.00 per person, per hour. Did I mention they charged over $210.00 for the room per night? Oh and they make sure they tell you upfront, NO REFUNDS! I know what you're probably thinking, "you should've looked at the room first!" And you would be right. If I had, I would not have stayed there. Period. I was just thinking that a motel that had been around since probably the 50s or 60s and advertised 'renovated rooms' would have at least been clean, but no... this room was sad. Oh, and dirty, and overpriced for what you get. Oh and also, pretty gross. We decided not to use the dirty bathroom for showers. It was just that bad. Thank God, we brought Lysol with us. My recommendation to you is stay away. If you want to chance it, look at the room first. Otherwise, skip it.

• Stayed July 2013
OSullivansMtl, General Manager at O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I appreciate you giving us a try as well as the constructive nature of your comments. I do sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to your satisfaction and will make sure to share your notes with our staff. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
Wallington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

O'Sullivans was the perfect spot for what we wanted: a peaceful stay with lake access, a place to sleep with nice living room and great location, as well as being affordable. Took a row boat and kayaks onto the lake during a beautiful Sunday and could not have been happier, the staff at the front desk was very helpful.

I recommend eating at the Lakecrest Inn for breakfast, great service and tasty food just a short 3 min walk away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

In august my family will be heading to O'sullivan's for what I would expect to be another awesome vacation. We usually stay at the Motel portion but we decided to take a Lake view Suite this time!
We find O'sullivan's to be a very friendly place where you are only minutes away from most attractions. The hotel may not be the fanciest place on the lake but I guarantee it is the most friendly. We have noticed that some items are out dated but never have we felt they were filthy or unsafe. I recommend O'sullivans to everyone!! Look for my next review the second or third week in August! I'm sure I'll feel the same.

Room Tip: We found the rooms to be comfortable and safe. I will let you know how the suites are.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed here for Americade. We had 2 cottages rented. They were rustic and quite nice and clean. The towels are a little rough , but that was the worst of it. Management was great and prices were reasonable. I would stay here before any of the chain motels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
White Plains, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located just outside of town. A 10 minute walk to the waterfront, parks, restaurants, etc. There is a little beachfront access with bbq (bring your coles) and tables by water. There is also a pool as an alternative to the lake. Great price when you compare to surrounding hotels next to it when you will pay $50-$100+. It is not five stars but it is clean and affordable if you are looking to save.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Room 52, of this is a typical room of the motel 100 or so rooms. It needs a good floor washing, we washed the floor our selves, bathroom included. It is set in the 50's 60's.
The hotel needs to be painted, and other handy man work to be performed. It could use an updating.
Price was affordable, and it is pet friendly.
Would stay again, would insist on the place being cleaned before my arrival/check in of 9pm.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel? Share your experiences!