“Fun Times, Decent Buffet, Great Boat Ride” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
New York
“Fun Times, Decent Buffet, Great Boat Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I decided to take the two hour lunch cruise on the spur of the moment. I called about an hour before departure and was able to get reservations. Once on the boat, I was impressed with how nice the decor was inside, compared to the usual starkly furnished lake cruises I've taken. As a table of only two, we were seated right at the end of the boat, which had the best view by far, there are tall windows to afford beautiful views all around. We were seated on the second dining deck and could hear the musician playing and singing on the first level, but it would have been nice if it had been a little louder. We arrived at 11:00 a.m. for our 12:00 noon departure and I was happy to see that lunch was being served right away, no starving while waiting for the boat to depart. Our waiter was friendly, took our drink orders and then showed us the way to the buffet. This was only a lunch buffet so the choices were a little limited, but there was enough that I did not feel cheated. There were sandwich makings, including freshly sliced (while you waited) cold cuts, potato salad, fruit salad, green salad, three hot dishes consisting of a vegetarian alfredo dish, a chicken and onions hot dish and my favorite, a broiled fish with a tasty fresh tomato/jalepeno topping. The bread and rolls were fresh and warm. After lunch, we were served coffee and tiramisu, which was yummy. By then the boat was getting underway! The cruise itself was beautiful, Amazing scenery, warm breezes and very relaxing. The dance floor was an added bonus, and my three year old daughter loved dancing to "Mack the Knife" and the "Electric Slide" along with the Senior Citizens on board. Overall we had a fabulous time and I would recommend to anyone. The cruise never seemed too long or boring. The price is a bit hefty, but almost everything is on the expensive side in Lake George - I say if you're on vacation, live it up! PS: I did purchase the photos they took as we boarded the boat - it was $35 for a framed photo, a booklet type photo and two additional prints. There is also a gift shop on the boat and a more extensive gift shop across the street. We had a wonderful day aboard our lunch cruise on the Lac du Saint Sacrement.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“dinner cruise is best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

awesoem buffet dinner and a 2 hour cruise at 7pm is worth the $40.00 worth every penny in my books.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, New York
“Mohegan Boat Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Went on the Mohegan Boat ride of Lake George -
2 1/2 hours on the Lake - great trip - very relaxing ride - houses and points of interest are pointed out on the trip - there are others boat trips to take too - all are great - well worth it.
They do sell food and drinks - some of the trips have a buffet.

Visited June 2012
Queensbury, New York
“Nice steam boat rides on Lake George”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

During the day, enjoy a peaceful ride on a beautiful steam boat and watch the beautiful scenery of Lake George pass by. Later, enjoy the steamboat dinner and dancing cruise, or the fireworks cruise!