No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Connecticut
“Great show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We found the steak dinners to be very good, great service. A little pricey, but the show was very good. Totally worth it.

Visited September 2012

westchester
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was an expensive mistake. We went to the Tiki Supper Club (seven of us, including three children), hoping to find something interesting. First, the food was terrible. Veggies were a mess. My fish smelled like formaldehyde, but tasted like it had been frozen, defrosted, frozen and defrosted. The place was 2/3 empty, but the staff had problems with service - it took a very long time to get anything on the table (with three hungry children, that wasn't something we needed). And the show. What can I say? They seemed like nice people, but the Leader seemed to have borrowed his shtick from a second-tier Borscht Belt hotel during the 1950s. They were all from one family, and seemed to be familiar with some polynesian dances ... but it was all one big cliche. A pity. And a waste of time and money. All told, we could hardly wait to get out of there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Terrible Service, Terrible Food, Barely Passes as Entertainment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was staying at The Tiki Resort and thought it would be fun to bring my three year old to the polynesian show. We were told seating was at 6:00. I specifically asked what time dinner was served, as there is only so much a patience a hungry three year old will be able to exercise. I was assured that dinner was served shortly after the 6:00 seating. We were seated at a table by ourselves, as the show was not too crowded the night we went. And then we waited. and waited. and waited and waited and waited. It was truly ridiculous. After sitting for 45 minutes with no food, I approached the servers who were standing in a group around the bar. I begged them for some bread for the table, as my toddler was getting antsy. I was actually told that they were not allowed to serve bread until all the drink orders had been filled! The show was only half full and I saw people get second and third drinks in that time frame. I informed the server that I had specifically asked what time dinner would be served and found this information unacceptable. One server took pity on us and brought us three packs of saltines. We waited a long time after that before bread was brought out. We had waited over an hour and 15 minutes for bread!! The rolls that were served were the "brown and serve" type you get in a grocery store -- they were completely over-warmed to the point of being hard and tasted like cardboard. Finally our dinners arrived. It was the worst food I was ever served. I had pre-chosen the pork and it was like a tepid hockey puck... very dried out to the point of not being able to cut through it. The three slices of pork were served with one slice of pineapple and about a teaspoon of gravy. I could only choke down about half a slice before giving up. The meal came with what looked like canned, mushy carrots and a baked potato, still in foil. On the side was a single small pre-packed sour cream. My daughter had a kid's meal consisting of two hard, overcooked chicken fingers (inedible) and soggy cold fries. Considering the meal for both of us was over $80, it was a terrible terrible mistake to come to this dinner show. The show itself was campy and amatuer. The only highlight was that they allowed the children to come on stage to participate, but if you don't have children, be prepared to wait while all the kids do their thing. The family group that performs the show had their young children as principal dancers. It seemed like I was watching a school play, not a professional production. Overall I felt completely ripped off, angry and hungry when we left. My advice is to save your money and sanity. There are too many other things to do to waste an entire evening on this. Very disappointing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Polynesian show -- skip the dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The dinner was definitely sub-par. The Samoan family that entertained the crowd was warm and enjoyable. Fine hula dancing and music, and a fire dance bit that will have you sitting upright in your seats! Our advice: skip the dinner portion and see if you can just book for the show. Less enjoyable for teens who may find Hawaiian music not exciting enough.

Visited May 2012
Greenwood, South Carolina
“great show but under staffed for diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We went to the Waikiki Supper Club last night. The show was good, food was ok but the service was sub par. I am not faulting our server Kristen, but the fact that she had to wait on 15 tables by herself was too much for her. While in the middle of serving our desert she was called on to assist in the show. We did get our desert but not coffee. If you have children they will love the show, as they are called to dance the Hulu on the stage. Some adults will dance also. If not for the poor service (short staffed) I would of really enjoyed it. For the price it was an good experience.

Travelers who viewed Waikiki Supper Club - at the Howard Johnson's Tiki Complex also viewed

Been to Waikiki Supper Club - at the Howard Johnson's Tiki Complex? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Waikiki Supper Club - at the Howard Johnson's Tiki Complex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.