“Excellent Food and Service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Village Blacksmith Steakhouse

The Village Blacksmith Steakhouse
48 Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845 (Formerly JT Kelly's Pub & Grill)
518-964-6693
Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 146 restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent Food and Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fantastic food and the best service!! Very friendly managers and staff! When we ordered our steaks, the first thing they did was ask us to cut into it to make sure it was what we wanted. They checked in with us a few times and refilled our water continuously.

54% Recommend
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Unfortunately not very good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

They got everything wrong - the drinks, the steaks, advertised other than what was on the menu. Couldn't even get it right the 2nd and 3rd tries.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Not what we hoped for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading other reviews of this restaurant I had high hopes for a good meal in a nice restaurant. We had a very mixed experience there, starting with the almost-empty main dining area sparsely decorated in faux blacksmith/Colonial decor. The room was very large, which emphasized its emptiness even more. Our server was very friendly and conscientious--I have no complaints whatsoever about the service we received.

We ordered crab cakes as an appetizer and found them to be fine but nothing out of the ordinary. For our meal we ordered the swordfish, which was excellent. It was very nicely cooked and tasted wonderful with the leek cream sauce. The side dishes were rice and vegetables, which left a bit to be desired. The rice seemed as if it had been under a warming lamp for a while, as some of the grains were hard/very chewy. The vegetables (zucchini, carrots, and asparagus) tasted fine but were overcooked, especially the asparagus. Given the prices of the meals I expected much better quality than what we were served. Overall I'd say the experience was a positive one but not one of the better dinner experiences I've had.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Nearly very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Had fillet mignon here with my wife and four year old son.

I thought the staff were welcoming and attentive. The meat was excellent, perfectly cooked, very tasty. Potatoes were a little dry and seemed like they were re-heated. Veggies were good - maybe a fraction undercooked for how I like them, if I was being hyper critical.

Portions were more than adequate.

Prices a little on the steep side.

They sat us in a dowdy shell of a room (other areas seemed to have more atmosphere) that really needs a bit of attention and livening up. I thought it was a missed opportunity that they didn't have tables on the patio area - it was such a beautiful summer evening and I,m sure people would have enjoyed eating out there... We certainly would have.

Overall, worth a visit if you haven't been before. Having been there once, I'd be more inclined to try other places when I return to Lake George.

Northport, New York
“2 out of 3 aint bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Giving 4 stars but this is a mixed review.
Arrived 7PM Saturday night at the height of tourist season and the restaurant was only one quarter filled; this concerned our party of three. Appetizers of crabcake, scallops and onion rings were average as were our salads, which we barely had three bites before the entrees showed up. My buddy's tenderloin was excellent as was my queen cut prime rib; our third friend-not so lucky. His NY sirloin was almost walking on the plate; this after making a specific point that he wanted medium or slightly above. In our waiters defense he did ask when the meat was delivered whether we wanted to check for "doneness". If my friend would have cut his steak and returned it, it would have bled out and come back resembling the sole of a shoe so he decided to eat around the "raw portions". The service, especially our waiter, was excellent. Prices are reasonable. I would go back but I dont believe my one friend would.