“It's worth the drive...to go someplace else...” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kingston, New York
“It's worth the drive...to go someplace else...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

So we stay at the hotel (which we loved) and decide that instead of going out we'll just have dinner in the restaurant instead of driving back towards the outlets - bad idea. We had been downstairs earlier to check out the menu and the hostess told us there was a salad bar that came with the entrees. I love salad bars so this sealed it for me. We go back down for dinner and the host tells us there is no salad bar because it's off season. Ok people, know what's going on in your restaurant please. Strike One...then he proceeds to seat us at a table that is completely soaked because it has been wiped off but not dried. He doesn't even dry it or make an attempt to but rather just says do you want to sit somewhere else. The waitress comes over and says well someone didn't do their job did they and dries the table. That's all it would have taken Mr. Host...Strike Two - we both ordered the strip steaks with salad and baked potato. the salad was actually quite good, the potato was a potato and the acorn squash was tasty but looked like it was placed on the plate to divert your attention from the amount of gristle on the steak. I would say at least 1/3 of the steak was inedible and the part that was edible had no taste at all. When you have to spit pieces of steak into your napkin because it's all gristle, that's just gross. Our server takes our plates and then gives us the check - no would you like another drink, coffee, dessert? Strikes three and four and so on..At this point we were so disgusted we didn't say anything about the steak and just left. I am a HI rewards member and had received a 15% coupon (which I forgot to use that night). As I had no intention whatsoever of EVER eating here again, I found a table of customers at breakfast the next morning and gave it to them. I hope they had a better dining experience.

Visited November 2012

Ada, Michigan
“the good and the average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First the good...free apps in the bar from 4-7pm each night are awesome! Now the average...breakfast buffet is not worth the money, time or effort. It is your run of the mill cold scrambled eggs, rubbery bacon, etc.

Visited October 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Who can't cook an Egg????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very disappointed with the service of this restaurant. Went there for Breakfast. Our Eggs came to us Raw & clucking, but burnt on the outside edges. Sausage was pretty greasy, but what was more disappointing was the fact that when asked how our food was, ---> and we said the eggs were a little too raw for our tastes, they did not re-fire the eggs. In fact the waitress said to my husband well you ordered sunny side up. Which although I've seen a lot of under done sunny side ups this one was completely translucent on top and when he cut his egg it sent clear salmonella pools all over his plate. My egg was raw as well and I had ordered over easy. Raw clear pools on the top of the egg, which I've never had before ordering over easy. We could also hear loud arguments in the kitchen where the Manager(??) was telling the chef that it was taking too long for food to get to the dining room. We did not return for lunch or dinner, so I have no clue if service is better at the other meals.

Visited September 2012
“Great Hotel..not so great Restaurant!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We were on our way back from a Vermont road trip to NJ and heard so much about Lake George we thought we'd stop off and spend a night with the kids. Wow! The town is like a ghost town. I don't understand why they advertise "come to Lake George durring the fall" and here it is mid October and they are shutdown? Anyway about the hotel...Great place! Clean, friendly staff, nice room, classy looking modern place, nice firepit, great indoor pool...what else can I say? Don't hesitate to book here durring season! Worth the money! My only complaint was their restaurant JR's I think it was called? Food quality was not great and it was pretty pricey! My wife got chicken parm with tons of sauce, barely melted mozzarella cheese on it and it tasted like a TV dinner. Better Italian at Olive Garden. My shrimp scampi had no taste! Beautiful looking restaurant but they need a new chef! Food was not good! Great hotel though!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lake George, New York
“Not your average hotel dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

A recent renovation to the dining room and bar have made this one of the ares best places for a family outing.
The bar overlooks the lake, theirs an outdoor patio, fire pit and also a dinner theatre. The Friday night seafood buffet is the ares best value and also includes prime rib. The bars happy hour with free munches draws a great crowd and chef Micheals daily specials are reasonable and delicious.
Sunday nights also brings out a variety of other choices that feature a free glass of wine or beer.
You can't go wrong!