“Giving it a "one" is being generous!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Mt.Cobb PA
“Giving it a "one" is being generous!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived in town on the 24th, parked the car at the motel, then the Mrs. and I decided to get an early lunch and do some drinking. Stopped here about 11:20 am and the place was basically empty. Was promptly seated and given menus. While deciding, my first agitation occurred. There was a kid type radio station being played, but it had static. I asked to either tune it in better, change it, or turn it off. I was told the the "owner" (and I would love to meet this idiot!) INSISTED that radio HAD to be on. I should have taken this clue and left, but we stayed for more punishment. We placed our order and the beer arrived in cheap plastic disposable cups (real classy!). Went to the restroom while waiting for the food. I remember somebody saying that the condition of the restroom has a lot to say about the overall operation of an establishment. This one was yelling at me (to leave!). It had two urinals, but to get to the second one, if it was occupied, you have to push that person out of the way to get to it. If you had to "drop a deuce", forget having any privacy as the door didn't close properly and had about a 6 inch gap that you can't help to see in when you go to wash your hands. When my turkey club sandwich arrived, I inquired to myself where the rest of it was! The owner must special order "microbread" to keep quantity down and profit up. After finishing my single bite meal, the server came with the customary "would we like anything else". I explained that our "plan" before arriving was to have several drinks after our meal. But since the owner insisted on aggravating me with his crappy radio, we would do our drinking elsewhere. The server was very understanding and I explained to him that the owner's highest profit margin should be the alcohol sales and since we would not be doing that, his radio insistence was costing him money. For a small monthly fee, a satellite radio service could be had and this owner's profit would have been much higher on this day. The best part was when I was leaving and almost fell down the steps because of the metal retainers being bent up at the steps (is the insurance company reading this????). Obviously this owner does not really give a d**n about the customer and is just looking to make as money on what they think is customer stupidity. Do yourself a favor and stay away. There are about five or six lake front bars/eateries in the Lake George Village. One I haven't had the chance to visit yet. If you read my other reviews, two weren't bad when I visited, the other two were horrible. Contact me if I can offer you any assistance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Go for the view, not the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great view. Great beer. That's it. Took about 15 minutes to take our order. The waitress was nice but not well trained and a bit(well more than a bit) harried. She only got about twenty five percent of the order wrong. Food was OK, nothing that I would talk about. If your in Lake George and hungry, there are better choices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cohoes, NY
“Go for drinks , the view and the music--”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. My husband had heard that the burgers are excellent and thought we'd grab lunch here. The location is one of the best views on the lake. The food is average, the service were awful, I cleared our table because the waitress took our order and left the previous diners' cups. I also wiped down the table ( I am a former waitress and this was unacceptable). Although our waitress wrote our order down: two burgers, a fish sandwich, onion rings and a salad. We waited for an hour to be served two burgers, a fish sandwich and curly fries...when we politely asked the waitress to remove the salad from our bill and explained we had ordered an order of onion rings not curly fries, she had the "deer in the headlight" look. When the bill arrived, she gave us a bill for one burger and a salad. I politely called her over, because I did not want someone else to receive our bill, it took her a good twenty minutes to get a correct bill to us. We weren't in a hurry so we decided to make the best of it and enjoy the acoustic guitar/singer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, Vermont
“Worst restaurant of the year”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The worst fish and chips of this summer - maybe ever! The worst pulled pork sandwich of the summer! The worst Pina Colada ever! The worst service of the summer. The filthiest restaurant we have visited this summer.

I should have listened to my intuition when I saw how shabby and outdated this restaurant looked. But we stayed anyway - for convenience. They have such an ideal spot on the lake next to the harbor that they could do so much more with. But this restaurant is a disaster!

The fish smelled like it had been delivered fresh - a week ago - and had been sitting in the cooler since then. The pulled pork was dried out and actually tough! I didn't know you could make pulled pork so badly. The Pina Colada tasted like foamy water - no detectible flavor whatsoever. They had no cole slaw.

The service was slow, ho-hum, and uncaring. After eating, I visited the rest room. Wish I hadn't! The walls and the door to the men's room desperately need to be washed. They were filthy. It was like walking into a gas station restroom in a dumpy old garage. The door to the men's room wouldn't close all the way. You could see into the men's room from the hallway. The door to the stall inside was broken off the top hinge and hanging precariously over the urinal.

The nicest thing I can say is this restaurant is a perfect candidate for a Restaurant Impossible makeover. Don't go there until it happens.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cottekill, NY
“Beautiful view, less than mediocre food, awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife, another couple and our children went to Lake George for the day and stopped in to this restaurant for dinner. We decided to sit on the upper outside deck and were told by the hostess to sit anywhere. As there were no tables for six people available (there were several six person tables with only two people sitting at them), we pulled two small square tables together. The bartender immediately ran up to us and said we were pulling tables from their 'non serving area' into the serving area and they couldn't handle that (because the twenty or so people sitting around drinking beer were so burdensome?) We should have saved our money and left then. Instead, we went downstairs to a deserted indoor / outdoor area that looked like it hadn't had a paint job, let alone an update in decor, in more than 30 years. We sat down and gave our orders to the waitress, my wife clearly stating what we wanted for appetizers. 35 minutes later, everything arrived all at once. When my wife and our friends asked why everything was brought at once, instead of the appetizers first, the waitress said that we never told her we wanted them first and that many customers order the appetizers as an entree. One friend and I had the flame grilled salmon, my daughter had the grilled chicken sandwich, my wife had a salad and our other friend had a meatball sandwich. The salmon was partially undercooked and had no seasoning or sauce whatsoever, making it very bland. It came with potatoes and vegetables and looked like it was haphazardly tossed onto the plate. And for this it cost us $17.50 each. The grilled chicken was just as bland and so was the meatball sandwich. Our sodas, $2.50 each, came in plastic cups that are more commonly found at a picnic. The waitress gave us our silverware (hastily wrapped in paper napkins) only after we received our food and only after we asked for them. She also kept forgetting to bring things like ketchup, salt, and salad dressing. Overall she wasn't very competent and wasn't particularly friendly. I will cross this restaurant off my list and recommend everyone stay away. I agree with Anthony H: go for the view and then leave as fast as possible.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere