“Took A Chance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
New Paltz, New York, United States
“Took A Chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were recently planning a 3 day trip to Lake George and debated on where to stay, After hours of searching websites and reviews we decided to take a chance on Seven Dwarfs Motor Court. We booked the 2 bedroom log cabin and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. the cabin was very roomy and clean. The brook right next to the cabin was peaceful. All in all we will be staying there again next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Watertown, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I just came home today from staying at the 7 Dwarfs for the past 3 days. My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the white cabins. First impression was that it was very small and carpet was dirty in some spots, bedspread and blanket seemed stained and had cigarette burn holes. Upon further inspection, the toilet paper in the bathroom was the cheapest one could ever purchase, had to go out to buy our own. It was like sandpaper but thinner. My biggest complaint, was that there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom and one power strip in the bedroom, but nothing could be plugged in there and actually reach the mirror. During the day, you had the owner's kids (at least 4 or them) running around the parking lot, screaming, getting in visitor's way when trying to drive out. During our stay, I did see several ants in the cabin. Overall, I would not stay here again, I could not wait to get home to a clean, quiet, comfortable environment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first time stay at 7 dwarfs motel and we loved it.we saw the website and booked because cabin looked so cute but the place was even nicer than website.we had three rooms,one for my family and two other two for my sisters.Rooms were very clean and comfortable.There was lot of space outside the rooms for our kids to play.we did bbq by the stream and enjoyed it a lot.pool was lot of fun,very clean and refreshing.In short everything was great,we stayed for 7 nights and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: brown cabins and 2 bedroom efficiency are bigger.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This cabin motel is fairly cute and we were attracted to it for the 7 Dwarfs theme, which more the looks of the small houses in which the cabin are made than the real Disney theme. We stayed at a log cabin by the brook, which happens to be the farthest away from the state road 9. I f you can stay there when its not too hot to sleep with the AC on, the sound of the brook will sooth your night away. You can use a common kitchen and some small charcoal BBQs outside set up next to some tables by the brook. I made the reservations a month in advance and it was no vacancy for the whole week-end we stayed. I wouldn't think of it as a luxury stay, more like an upgrade to camping in a tent. The size of the 1 Queen bed cabin will force you to find something to do in the are, you will definitely not want to stay in late, but Lake Georges in definitely the spot for many entertaining activities.

Room Tip: Any wood or Log cabin will be by the brook and away from the street and come in a time when the need...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saugus, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought the little cottage idea sounded wonderful. What a mistake. They took the money immediately when I got there. I was then told we would have the cottage that is only about 10 feet from the road, which is the main road, trucks, cars all hours of the day and night. I told her we refused to stay there and wanted another cabin. She then gave me another one. At first it cozy, but after really looking at it the beds were from the early 1900's, the air conditioner hardly worked. the bathroom was horrible- The room had a nasty smell. We immediately went and bought Lysol. I think I used the whole can. i sprayed the beds,rug, bathroom, everything. We were very uncomfortable, We stayed both nights as planned because they already had all our money for the room. We felt like the beds had bed bugs and months later we now have them in our home. We are so disgusted that they get to advertise nd mislead people. Should be shut down.

Room Tip: Do not go!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Parsippany, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I found this place just by chance. It was available the week I was in Lake George NY with my boyfriend. It was small but clean and neat. The cabin came with a front porch with chairs and table. Inside it had a queen size bed, small table with chair, dresser with tv and refrigator. The bathroom was really clean. There was daily maid service that cleaned and got rid of garbage. There was a window AC unit. There was also a community kitchen for the cabins without microwaves that included a stove and microwave, and coffe pot. It was prefect for two people. I would definilty recommand this place to anyone. The place had a pool and lilttle creek in the back. There were also units available with kitchens. It is also within walking distance of Lake George Village!

Room Tip: There are rooms available with kitchen units which is great for families and people vacationing on a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Quaker Hill, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My family had booked another cottage up the road which was a nightmare which we could not stay at once we arrived. Sainam was sweet and showed us several different options for us within her motel. She then offered us another option which was at a different establishment owned by her cousin a few blocks away. She went above and beyond to accomodate us with what she had and when that did not work for us, she then gave our business to another business owner-(her cousin, but nonetheless-gave our business to someone else). We had looked at the options at 7 Dwarfs and all were clean-but with the last minute notice, the room that would have fit our needs was not available. The motel we wound up booking was clean, and the owner was also very accomodating and wished to please. Both of these owners had pride in their establishments and were good hardworking business owners.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seven Dwarfs Motor Court? Share your experiences!