“A Religious Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Buffalo, NY
5 attraction reviews
“A Religious Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The OLV Basilica almost makes me feel religious. A poor man's Notre Dame, it really is quite spectacular, especially because it's located in the dreary City of Lackawanna. Worth the visit, especially if you are a Catholic or into churches. Light a candle or two when you are there and don't talk too loud. Cell phones off.

Visited May 2012

Syracuse, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Our Lady of Victory Basilica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is one of the most beautiful churches in the country.There are more than 2000 angels in this basilica

Visited October 2012
Oregon
16 attraction reviews
“My Familys Favorite Church!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My mom and relatives grew up in this area in the 1950s and went to Catholic school here. My grandfather attended church here. For my entire life I always kept hearing about "Father Bakers Church", the school, and the cemetery. So on my trip back to my moms hometown, I absolutely had to make a stop here and see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say...this is one of the most gorgeous beautiful Catholic churches that I have ever seen in my entire life. I could have stayed here for hours taking pictures and exploring; I was just in awe of everything!!! I really enjoyed the Father Baker museum and gift shop and reading about his story. What a wonderful man! I can see why they moved his body to the inside of the church. My mother requested a pink rosary from the gift shop and wanted it blessed at this church; I did as she asked and Father Joe was more than kind enough to oblige. I would recommend seeing this beautiful place of history to anyone visiting the area.

Visited September 2012
Buffalo, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A Fancy Church”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you like visiting Church's, this is a good stop. Lots to look at inside and gardens. The Botanical Gardens are also near by.

Buffalo, NY
17 attraction reviews
“Must see church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Amazing! to think man had such great skills back in its time to create such a joy and beauty to the eye. Make me wonder if our workmen of today have the patience and skills to create such beauty.