“Great customer service! Supurb location! Wonderful price!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Kingston Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   487 Washington Ave, Kingston, NY 12401   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kingston
astoria
“Great customer service! Supurb location! Wonderful price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I were at the Super 8 Kingston motel for this past Labor Weekend. Everything was just fine and the stuff was extremely helpful with any of our needs. We would like to extend our appreciation especially to a young man (too bad we did not get the name), who was there for every question or need we had. Thank you for giving us ideas where to go or what to do to spend our weekend to the fullest!

Thank you again for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
FLORENCE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were going to be in the area for more than a week, and didn't want to spend a fortune. We picked this Super 8 for the price and location, but were pleasantly surprised with the great staff that worked there. We had contacted them prior to arrival to ask questions, and when we arrived, the desk clerk recognized our name, as he had been the one to help us on the phone. He not only greeted us warmly, but helped pick a room that would be comfortable and quiet for the week, while still being convenient for handicapped access.
Every staff person we had contact with was just as pleasant and accomodating.
We stay in a lot of hotels for business trips, and it was nice to be treated like humans, not just paychecks.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than one night, go for the suite. The space is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

There were a number of things that needed to be cleaned or repaired in our room. For example:

1. A window was broken and tape was holding it together! Please replace!!
2. Cigarette burns on the bedspread - gross!!
3. The lamp was broken...not a bad bulb, but completely broken!
4. The airconditioner/radiator was beyond FLITHY. This is a health hazard!!! Clean it! (see photo)

We were disappointed, to say the least, at the condition of the room. However, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staying just one night after a party in the area and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, bathroom decent and had everything we needed for a one-night stay. Breakfast room was small, but completely do-able. The location was perfect and the rate (about $80) was exactly what I would have wanted to pay. It even impressed Mr. Skeptical, and that is not an easy feat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Never again the maids are horrible, front desk staff are rude. The complimentary breakFAST is ok... The microwave is not cleaned, and the beds smelled like someone else slept in them... I had to strip the bed and use ones I had,.. Clean your hotel please my feet were black .

• Stayed July 2012
Saranac, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Thank you Brian and leilana for the great customer service. You are assets to you employer.Hotel was clean and safe and my dogs were welcome. For a place that takes dogs, there were no strange odors and the grounds were clean as well.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This motel is absolutely perfect and affordable for someone like me- a traveling businessman. The room was neat and tidy always. My housekeeper was thorough and made sure my towels and linens were fresh and clean which is something I am a stickler about. The front desk staff had me feeling like I was staying in a five star hotel! I asked for things and my housekeeper, Sarah, made sure I had what I requested immediately. I was impressed with the motel and as a man who has stayed in many hotels I would put this at the top of my list. My bed was very comfortable and my bathroom was virtually spotless!!! I know for a fact my hair resides in the shower after every use and she made it look like it was never used. If anyone is seeing this that knows her she deserves a raise for my stay being nothing short of lavish. The general manager is a great guy with great personality and seems to be doing a great job. The proof is in his staff, the motel and the cleanliness of my room. I recommend this to anyone needing an affordable and fine stay.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Super 8 Kingston Motel? Share your experiences!