My husband and I had a room booked for two nights at this place. The reservation was made through Expedia, and was non-refundable ( otherwise, we would have left).
The hotel is easy to find, being right by the highway. What you do not know is that it is situated behind a truck dealership...
The first room that was given to us was a stinky smoking room ( I did not know they still existed), on the second floor, in a hotel with not even one tiny elevator.
The young man at the desk told us the reservation requested a smoking room, but our own reservation specified "non smoking"; I double-checked. There were no apologies.
We then went to the room we kept, which was on the first floor, concrete slab on the ground. The corridor had a bad smell of BO, old smoke and mildew. Our room smelled of mildew but after keeping the window open for a while, the smell went away.
The bed covers had cigarette burns, but there were no bed bugs ( whew). The bathroom was small, very basic, and was pretty clean. I managed to take a bath, but my husband complained of old urine smell.
We did not sleep well at all on our first night, because we had to keep the windows open and we were somewhat concerned about bed bugs, but on the second night, we used the covers of the second bed, and we slept okay. The hotel did not provide extra blankets, but they were happy to provide little envelopes to leave a cleaning tip...
The swimming pool was out of order, and so were the public bathrooms of this hotel. When we left this morning, no one was at the front desk. I waited and waited and finally left, without a "Thank you", or a "Please come back" or "We hope you enjoyed your stay"... We did not even bother using our "breakfast coupons". We went to a local diner.
This was probably one of the most awful place I ever stayed at, and I do travel a lot. I cannot believe the management dares charging over $160 a night for such a charmless hole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Kingston hotel in the heart of the Catskill Mountains. Perfectly located off Interstate 87 near Catskill Park, the Quality Inn & Suites™ hotel is less than four miles from the Hudson River Cruises. This Kingston, NY hotel is within 15 miles of Horse Shows In The Sun (HITS) and Bard College. The State University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) is only a short drive from the hotel. The Dutchess County Fairgrounds, home of the Dutchess County Fair and Rhinebeck Antiques Fair, is just minutes away. The Hudson Valley Garlic Festival, voted the number one Food Festival in the United States by USA Today , is also close by. Several shops and restaurants are in the surrounding area. Be sure to visit Roudigan's Steakhouse and the Hollywood Lounge, located on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Kingston Hotel Kingston
- Quality Inn And Suites Kingston
- Quality Inn Hotel Kingston
- Quality Inn Kingston Ny
- Kingston Quality Inn