“4 Night stay while attending HITS Saugeties” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Kingston

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Kingston to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Kingston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Route 28, Exit 19 New York Thruway, Kingston, NY 12401   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Kingston
Richboro, PA
“4 Night stay while attending HITS Saugeties”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn for 4 nights while my daughter was riding at the HITS Saugerties horse show. I found that the hotel suited my needs very well. The location to route 87 was perfect, easy access. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. This is not a super fancy high end hotel but it did provided clean rooms, comfortable beds and a pleasant staff. It was obvious that some remodeling had been done but parts of the rooms were a little tired but nothing that would make me not stay here again. My only major complaint with the room was how loud the air conditioner was. Most hotels I've stayed in have AC units that just stay on consistently with the fan blowing constantly. This one would cycle on and off and was extremely loud when it was on. Breakfast was adequate for my needs although it didn't open until 7:00 am and most days opened 5-10 minutes late. Two days there was a buffet because of the number of guests in the hotel and another day it was table service. It was the same food choices both days. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, pancakes, cold cereal toast, juice, coffee/tea. Some muffins, bagels, and fruit would have been nice additions to the breakfast. The hotel suited my needs as I was looking for a clean, convenient place to stay during the horse show. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Middletown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here on Sat. night to escape the heat wave. AC worked very well. Beds were very comfortable however the room was very worn. The furniture had so many nicks that it should have been refinished or replaced a while ago. Pool was clean but extremely hot when sitting and watching the kids. Breakfast room closed Sunday morning for an unknown problem. They did give us a voucher to go to a place across the street who only gave us a choice of 3 breakfast items and juice or coffee. We did tell the hotel about that. Like I said good for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The air conditioning was not working in the lobby, restaurant or bar. It not fun eating and sweating at the same time. The rooms smell of mold or something. Rooms were fairly clean. Staff was not friendly. Pool had stuff floating on top of the water, the kids would not go in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stevensville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. The lobby is at one end of the hotel. If you were at the opposite end it was quiet a walk. The hotel is only two floors but we didn't see any elevators which could be a inconvenience if stairs are a problem. The corridors are not air conditioned either. The room was a 4 out of 5. Clean, convenient and reasonably new. The bathroom was new. Room service for "room make up" was very good. All supplies provided. Pool was inside, warm and clean.
The restaurant adjoining the hotel is Roudigans. The food here was very good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Breakfast was hot (Eggs, home fries, toast etc) and included in your stay.
Close to interstate access. 5 minutes to downtown.
If we return to Kingston we would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Unless you like to walk. Ask for a room closer to the main foyer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Putnam Valley, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I made a reservation for the Quality Inn in Kingston, NY for one night at the government rate. As we were traveling to the hotel after dinner something told me I should call and verify the reservation. I called and was told there was no reservation. Luckily for me there was an available room. I requested one king bed, non smoking. I arrive to check in and tell the clerk I am tax exempt and proceed to give him the tax exempt form. He states he does not need it. Our room was on the second floor...no elevators. Walk up to the second floor which was not air-conditioned and it smelled of smoke. So much for non-smoking. I will say however, that when we entered the room it did not smell of smoke. The room was stifling since the AC unit was not turned on....not happy considering it was (literally) 95 degrees F outside. Ready to go to sleep....the pillows could have been purchased at Walmart...not comfortable to sleep on...needless to say we did not get a good night's sleep. We awoke the next morning to go to "the included" made to order breakfast only to find out it was a buffet because most everyone had checked out. So we were left with scrambled eggs, pancakes, home fries and if we wanted bacon or sausage that was an extra $2.10....forget that. Go to check out and take the receipt, go to the car and see the receipt has sales tax. I had to go back to the desk to have them adjust the receipt. FORGET THIS HOTEL....they somehow forgot the "Quality" in "Quality Hotels."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the front desk was very nice. The room had a really noisy AC unit and the view in my room was non-existent. All ok. However, on my last night there I realized the bug on my arm biting me was a bed bug. I put a white towel on the desk chair and after several minutes I saw another one. I went online to identify them. Yep, bed bugs. I'm really afraid they may have tagged along on my trip home. And I pray they don't get in my home! I will indeed tell my credit card company that I don't wish to pay this charge.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here because this was a central location for a bunch of families to meet. Very disappointed when we arrived. We entered the "newly renovated" hotel which we realized very quickly that it was not renovated. The only updated piece of the hotel were the room doors. The whole place was old, dated, and had more water stains in the ceilings and the walls than I had ever seen anywhere, in the hallways as well as the rooms. The air conditioners were extremely loud and our room was filthy. In the hallway for our entire stay there was a room service tray with dirty dishes and food on the floor. It was there for 4 days. The restaurant connected was just as bad and the food was terrible. I felt like I was camping even though I was in a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!