“Kingston Tour” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Kingston

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Kingston to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Kingston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Route 28, Exit 19 New York Thruway, Kingston, NY 12401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Kingston
Stevensville, Canada
“Kingston Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. The lobby is at one end of the hotel. If you were at the opposite end it was quiet a walk. The hotel is only two floors but we didn't see any elevators which could be a inconvenience if stairs are a problem. The corridors are not air conditioned either. The room was a 4 out of 5. Clean, convenient and reasonably new. The bathroom was new. Room service for "room make up" was very good. All supplies provided. Pool was inside, warm and clean.
The restaurant adjoining the hotel is Roudigans. The food here was very good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Breakfast was hot (Eggs, home fries, toast etc) and included in your stay.
Close to interstate access. 5 minutes to downtown.
If we return to Kingston we would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Unless you like to walk. Ask for a room closer to the main foyer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Putnam Valley, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I made a reservation for the Quality Inn in Kingston, NY for one night at the government rate. As we were traveling to the hotel after dinner something told me I should call and verify the reservation. I called and was told there was no reservation. Luckily for me there was an available room. I requested one king bed, non smoking. I arrive to check in and tell the clerk I am tax exempt and proceed to give him the tax exempt form. He states he does not need it. Our room was on the second floor...no elevators. Walk up to the second floor which was not air-conditioned and it smelled of smoke. So much for non-smoking. I will say however, that when we entered the room it did not smell of smoke. The room was stifling since the AC unit was not turned on....not happy considering it was (literally) 95 degrees F outside. Ready to go to sleep....the pillows could have been purchased at Walmart...not comfortable to sleep on...needless to say we did not get a good night's sleep. We awoke the next morning to go to "the included" made to order breakfast only to find out it was a buffet because most everyone had checked out. So we were left with scrambled eggs, pancakes, home fries and if we wanted bacon or sausage that was an extra $2.10....forget that. Go to check out and take the receipt, go to the car and see the receipt has sales tax. I had to go back to the desk to have them adjust the receipt. FORGET THIS HOTEL....they somehow forgot the "Quality" in "Quality Hotels."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the front desk was very nice. The room had a really noisy AC unit and the view in my room was non-existent. All ok. However, on my last night there I realized the bug on my arm biting me was a bed bug. I put a white towel on the desk chair and after several minutes I saw another one. I went online to identify them. Yep, bed bugs. I'm really afraid they may have tagged along on my trip home. And I pray they don't get in my home! I will indeed tell my credit card company that I don't wish to pay this charge.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here because this was a central location for a bunch of families to meet. Very disappointed when we arrived. We entered the "newly renovated" hotel which we realized very quickly that it was not renovated. The only updated piece of the hotel were the room doors. The whole place was old, dated, and had more water stains in the ceilings and the walls than I had ever seen anywhere, in the hallways as well as the rooms. The air conditioners were extremely loud and our room was filthy. In the hallway for our entire stay there was a room service tray with dirty dishes and food on the floor. It was there for 4 days. The restaurant connected was just as bad and the food was terrible. I felt like I was camping even though I was in a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The name of his hotel is misleading – I did not have a quality stay. I am fine with staying at a budget hotel but the price I was charged was NOT budget. I was in the Kingston area for a wedding, so I am not too sure what normally brings people to this area, but based on the price, you would think you were staying near a ton of tourist attractions, not on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere. I allegedly received a group discount for the wedding, so I can’t even imagine what the regular going rate is for this place. Overall the hotel was clean but very dated and in desperate need of renovations. Some of the reviews below mentioned recent renovations but I did not see that at all, and neither did my other friends who also stayed at this hotel for the wedding. The room, while fairly clean, had a bad mysterious odor that did not go away; you can’t even air out the room because the window only opened a few inches. Not that you want to keep the window open, as the aforementioned noisy highway is right there. My friends in other rooms also noted the odor so it clearly was not unique to the room in which I stayed. Basically this hotel is ok and I would have been just fine staying here for one night but I am still in complete shock at the rate we were charged.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInn12401, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Not quite sure what the odor was you spoke of, possible one of our cleaning supplies, as you did note the rooms were very clean. The Hudson Valley has a lot to offer, and is a much travelled place. We try to keep our rates, and we feel they are, very reasonable for our area.
Charleston, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had to find a place to stay and ended up at the Quality Inn. We have stayed at this chain before and this property doesn't come up to standards.

Upon entering, we left luggage and went to the restaurant next door. This place offers a discount card for inner and breakfast there in the morning. Good food. Very nice that they have worked with the restaurant.

Our room left a lot to be desired. Wallpaper wasn't fully attached to the walks. Dust and cobwebs were found around the ceiling where it hadn't been cleaned for a while. A receipt from a previous user of the room was on the floor by the waste basket. The bathroom door was cracked and had a screw out so it wouldn't close unless you pulled it sideways while you shut it. Two lights and the clock didn't work and when I called the front desk to have someone check them and bring a bulb if necessary, I was told I needed to pull out their furniture (that would be the bureau, the king bed and the pull out bed/couch) to check the cords. We made do. I don't even want to guess what the strange dried fluids on the picture over the bed are.

There is a refrigerator and microwave and iron in the room. Bedding is adequate. Furniture, excepting he pull out couch, is pretty nice. This place could easily be much better but they have to do some more maintenance and the cleaning crew needs help. The front desk needs to care more. This seems to be a generally pricy area but at around a hundred and a half per night, we expected better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Utica, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed in a room on the top floor. The good points were the mattresses and bedding were new and clean, bathroom was new and clean and the AC was quiet and filter was clean, Furniture was in good condition. Overall the room was clean and dustless.

Bad things were the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Ceiling had water damage and was bowed in the middle. The room smelled of damp but luckily we could run the AC and reduce the odor. The windows opened but the screen did not fit the opening and could let critters in if the window were to be left open. The drapes need replacing s there were moth holes in them.

The building needs a new roof and repair the water damage in the room. I am sure this room is not the only one with major water damage.

Room Tip: Was the only room available in the area so did not have a choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
QualityInn12401, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly value feedback from our guests. We have completely renovated the majority of our rooms and are looking forward to the remainder of rooms being finished shortly.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!