I stayed here for about 6 weeks with about 30 business associates.
They were generous, friendly and incredibly accomadating.
Some rooms are better than others - I preferred the odd number rooms that face the exterior rather than the interior courtyard.
The rooms in the back that face the river are quite nice.
The hotel bar is quite busy on the weekends, live music etc.
Restaurant onsite is OK, two alternate options very close by (diner and pizza) and lots of great options within 1/2 mile - walkable if you want.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston Hotel Kingston
- Holiday Inn Kingston Hotel
- Holiday Inn Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Garden Plaza Hotel, Kingston, NY – formerly the Holiday Inn. Located in the Hudson River Valley region of New York State, the picturesque beauty of the Catskill Mountains surrounds our hotel. Centered between Albany and New York City, this Kingston hotel is easily accessible from the NYS Thruway (I-87) at exit 19. Leisure guests should know that activities change with the season, ensuring there is always something new to do near our lodging. The Catskills offer hiking and tubing in the summer and spring, county fairs and apple picking in the fall and skiing during the winter. We're the perfect pet-friendly hotel for guests participating in the Horse Shows in the Sun in Saugerties. Business travelers trekking between New York and Albany often seek lodging at our Catskills hotel and enjoy the calm, scenic atmosphere. The 24-hour Business Center and free Wi-Fi access are at your disposal as you work. We have a ballroom and a boardroom for your next corporate event, and an indoor courtyard for more casual social gatherings. At the Garden Plaza Hotel, Kingston, NY, we feature packages throughout the year to bundle your stay with activities like snow skiing at Belleayre, Hunter or Windham Mountain or golfing in the scenic Hudson Valley or Catskills . Enjoy hiking, biking and sightseeing in this historic Hudson River Valley region. Plenty of fun can be found at the hotel, too, in the Garden Courtyard, with an indoor pool, sauna whirlpool and game room. Call today to book your next stay!Complimentary Breakfast from 7am to 10am daily. Louie's restaurant on premises serving dinner and providing room service from 5pm to 10pm daily. On site bar Gather's open from 5pm to closing daily. Businesses near the hotel:United Health Care, Huck/Alcoa, Ametek Rotron, Kingston Hospital, Benedictine Hospital, Adirondack Trailways, Bank of America, Ulster Savings Bank, Smith Barney, Ulster County Community College, Bard College, Northeast Center for Special Care and Iron Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Garden Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.