“OK, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 174 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
New York
“OK, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were in the area and stopped for lunch. The menu was basically aimed at dinner customers who wanted more than lunch. We looked at the salad bar and wound up ordering burgers and sandwiches. The service was great; the food was merely OK. You would do better for food at 5 Guys a few doors down although the atmosphere here was better.

Not a bad choice, but no plans to return

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saugerties, New York
“Great Sald Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We love coming here. The food is good. The prices are decent. The burgers are good. The ice tea drinks are great. The salad bar is awesome.

Visited July 2014
Newark Valley, United States
“Lobster and Steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Enjoyed a nice meal. Steak and lobster and a few beverages. Beer seems to be higher priced here than other places in the area. I was given the wrong price for my meal and the manager quickly changed it for me with no problems. I liked that. Friendly people night inside.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Good but slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hi Truthtastics well a recent visit to the cold & snowy Kingston we decided to sample the delights of the local chain restaurants.
Well the food at Ruby Tuesday was great and reasonably priced the only issue was the slowness of getting our food.
Excellant salad bar, clean restaurant & great wait staff but goodness knows what happens in the kitchen anyway we were looked after by the manager on duty so for that you get a very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Ok Meal. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I ordered the petite sirloin and lobster tail with French fries and the salad bar. The items in the salad bar were fresh (no wilted greens or mushy cucumber) and offered variety with the selection of vegetables, dressings, and other add ins. I ordered my sirloin medium rare and it arrived well done. I tried a bite to see if I would like it and it was too chewy for me. Once I informed the waiter he apologized and had the kitchen make me another one that was cooked medium rare. The only issue I had with this steak was that there were pools of oil on top of my steak that were not present on the first well done steak. The lobster tail was cooked well (not raw or overcooked) and wasn't salty (as I had gotten at another Ruby Tuesdays once). The French fries were crispy and not soggy. One other person in my party ordered the bourbon chicken with spaghetti squash and the salad bar and the third person ordered the pretzel burger with spaghetti squash and salad bar. Both people said that they liked their meal.
Out waiter offered me a free dessert since the steak wasn't cooked to my order. I ordered and split the tiramisu with my party. The tiramisu was moist and good, but I think that they soaked the lady fingers in too much or too strong of an alcohol mixture as that was the prevalent taste in the dessert. The marscapone in the tiramisu was fluffy and light. Not the worst tiramisu I've had, but definitely not the best by a long shot.
Our waiter was attentive and friendly and the restaurant wasn't too busy when we came for dinner so it wasn't noisy.