“A Trip Advisor suggestion that we are glad we tried.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: We are a European Bakery and Cafe serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. Our award winning bakery (winner "Best Bakery in America" award) tantalizes you w/ over 300 fresh baked breads, rolls, desserts, donuts, bagels, pies, gourmet cookies and cupcakes and so much more. Our restaurant (winner Best Breakfast in the Hudson Valley) serves awesome omelettes, Belgian waffles, homemade pancakes and much more. For lunch, enjoy Manhatten style deli sandwiches, big 8 oz burgers, the best homemade quiches, and our signature homemade soups.
central Pa.
“A Trip Advisor suggestion that we are glad we tried.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor feedback we decided to check out Deisings. This establishment is a bakery, restaurant, and bar in one building. Parking along side the restaurant is available. Our first visit was stricly for a trip to the bakery. All we can say is WOW. The pasteries here are real good. They use quality ingredients and they are generous with fillings, toppings, etc. The items in this bakery are made with love! They also have a wide assortment of breads and cookies that are just as good. So, not thinking we would return, we stocked up in the bakery and headed North to continue our vacation. On our way home we were looking for a place to have lunch and decided to check out Deisings restaurant. We were very pleased with our meals. My wife got the Trio Salad Platter and she chose tuna, shrimp, and chicken salads. Huge scoops of salads were served on fresh lettuce with a couple slices of home made bread from the bakery. She raved about how fresh the salads tasted. She could not finish so I volunteered to help and I agree, their salads tasted like they were made that day. I had a delicious Arizona Turkey Hot Pressata sandwich that was loaded with turkey,bacon,caramelized onions,cheese, tomato, and lettuce. It was quite a handful and oh so good!!! We enjoyed a nepolian dessert from the bakery along with a cup of fresh brewed coffee. We waddled out of there feeling good about finding a hidden treasure in Hudson that we will visit again the next time we are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woodstock, NY
“Deising's Should stick to baking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We are locals and have enjoyed Deising's Bakery for years (40+). Some years ago they started serving Breakfast and Lunch but we have other favorites for basic meals. Due to a recent coupon offer we decided to give it a try for lunch. The food and service was horrible. I ordered the Classic Rubin with Pastrami ($8.50) . The rye bread was good. The content was bad. The Pastrami tasted like and had texture like spam, it had no spread (No Russian dressing), the cheese was thin, and the sauerkraut dry with no flavor. I needed to drink water with every bite in order to swallow. I picked Cole Slaw as a side. It was basically shredded cabbage with a little sugar and maybe a hint of mayo. My wife had a Philly cheese steak which appeared and tasted as it it was grilled last week. The waitress forgot her side (Macaroni Salad). The salad was very bland and tasted a little fishy. Maybe they made the tuna fish salad in the same bowl with out washing between. Anyway, Deising's is good (though now overpriced) as a bakery. They should stick to that and leave breakfast and lunch to real restaurants. I expect they are after the tourists on their way to Woodstock, Catskill Mts or points north as they are close to I87. My suggestion is the avoid eating food off the menu. Kingston has much better places for Breakfast and Lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Utica, New York, United States
“Long-time customer, delicious desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having grown-up in Kingston I've had Deising's delicious desserts on multiple occasions. I can best remember getting their ice cream cake for my birthday, which I ALWAYS looked forward to eating on that special day. I've also eaten in their restaurant for both breakfast and lunch and can't remember ever having a complaint about the service or the food. My most recent visit to Deising's was buying a package of their gourmet cupcakes for my cousin's birthday. He, along with the rest of my family, enjoyed them immensely. I highly recommend them for special occasions up to and including weddings and anniversaries.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stevensville, Maryland
“Must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Read the great reviews, and the place doesn't disappoint. After a very subpar stay at local loding, Deising's almost made up for it based on a great breakfast and great bakery. While the service was a bit slow (as others have mentioned), it was a fantastic stop and is highly recommended. One of the better local places we've stopped at (Moody's being the far and away leader, though).

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“Sometimes you don't realize how much better than a diner this place is....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have gone here twice this month, once for breakfast, and once for lunch. Both meals were outstanding. The food is fresh, high quality, and served hot. Even more impressive, the prices are on the low side versus other places in the area. I had an outstanding shrimp marinara on a hard roll for lunch, which was on the specials menu. Apple Strudel, warmed up for dessert, was less than $2. Through the use of various coupons, the cost of the meal is even more of a bargain. This is a place I plan to frequent at least monthly from now on it. One of my favorites in the Kingston area.

Visited August 2013