“Another wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Another wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This is the 3rd year in a row that we have stayed at this hotel to go skiing and this hotel looks as new as if it just opened. Rooms are in excellent condition with clean carpets and walls. The bedding is lush and snuggly and the bed is very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I just wish it was closer to the ski slopes, but it is worth the trip!

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn twice during the second week of January on our way to and then again on our way back from Vermont. We requested a larger room as we were traveling with four children ranging in age from three to twelve. The hotel staff reserved the handicap accessible room on the fourth floor (room 412) wich could accomodate us. The room was spacious for a Hampton with two queen beds and room for a cot that the staff delivered to the room for extra sleep space.

The room and hotel were very clean. The staff very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast buffet in the morning was standard fare...cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, waffles, etc. Overall a nice, comfortable, friendly hotel. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in January 2011 for my daughter's nearby gymnastic competition. The staff and property were top-notch all the way. Great coffee 24 hours a day and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Very clean rooms and lobby, and very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Boston Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Location: easy access to highway, plenty of restaurants nearby. My boys loved 5 guys burgers. We had an upper room, very quiet, no noise
Service: Wonderful, professional, lobby is warm and inviting. Played board games with my kids in front of the fire. They loved the cookies and hot chocolate
Room: clean, roomy, plenty of space for family of 5 with a baby in a pack and play.
Pool: clean, warm, good size, very clean
Breakfast: Above expectations, lots of hot and cold options

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Sandy Sanicki and her team made us feel welcome from the onset. Guest rooms were well appointed and clean. Meeting space was perfect including digital projector, white board and acoustics. My team appreciated the warm cookies delivered mid-afternoon. Simply put, we were made to feel at home. Kingston, NY is a great historic town and if you're in the area I would highly recommend Sandy and her staff at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

This Kingston Hampton is either new or newly updated. Rooms are in great shape (as was the bathroom) with all of the usual Hilton comforts. Comfy beds, clean everything, and welcoming staff. The only drawback is that the hotel was right behind the train tracks - the bed shook noticeably when the train went by a few times and the train noise was noticeable. As a heavy sleeper, this didn't bother me too much - but could be difficult if you are a light sleeper or traveling with young kids. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
West Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel itself was fine, but when our reservations say that check in time is at 3 and our room isn't ready until past 4, that is not okay. We had come to the area and reserved our room in order to attend a wedding and when we got there well after 3pm our room was not ready. We ended up having to wait for our room to be cleaned which made us late for our event. When I called to have this matter addressed I was told that someone would get back to me from the management team within three business days. After waiting for 5 days, I called back and they stated that I arrived and my room was ready at 3:15 when in fact I did not arrive until after 4 and had paperwork from the hotel confirming this. They said they would call me back and later, I received an email from the hotel management stating that I should have told them we had an event to attend. I don't think it is the responsibility of the customer to tell the hotel why they are staying at the hotel when I am told the check in time is 3pm and I gave them plenty of time past that for our room to be ready. Overall I am very displeased with the service but the hotel itself was in good condition and I have no complaints about the facility itself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!