We were visiting friends in Kingston and booked this hotel on recommendation from them, plus the fact that we tend to stick with Hilton brand hotels whenever possible (my wife is an HHonors member). We stayed for 1 night with a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
The location was great - parking lot was well lit and this hotel is near a ton of stores, including sharing a parking lot with a CVS and a Taco Bell. The hotel itself & the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff for the most part was very accommodating - they provided a crib and were very helpful and polite.
I took off a point for 3 reasons.
1. Upon arrival, we waited at the lobby desk for quite some time before anyone addressed us at all. Apparently they were in the middle of a shift change and there was an issue with a computer or something. I didn't have a problem with having to wait or with the line - these things happen & I am a reasonable person. The problem I had was that the people behind the desk saw us with our kids and all of our bags, smiled at us, yet said absolutely nothing to us. We waited for at least 10 minutes before someone explained what was happening or said anything to us at all. There was no, "We'll be with you in a few minutes," no, "We apologize for the inconvenience". Nothing.
2. This one is a mild inconvenience and nothing more - The fitness center closed at 11pm. Most of the Hiltons/Hamptons we stay in have fitness centers that are open 24/7 and I have come to expect this and plan to sneak a workout in late at night after I get the kids to sleep. It wasn't too much of a problem - I headed down there at 10:45 and was expecting only 15 minutes, but nobody came to kick me out and I got my full half hour in.
3. I have become spoiled by the Hilton gel/foam beds. This hotel did not have them. The beds was comfortable nonetheless but not what I had hoped for.
Again, none of these are huge issues, most are fairly petty matters. But I reserve the 5 dots for exceptional stays. This was a great stay, no REAL complaints. But it was not exceptional. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again, and would recommend it for anyone traveling to the Kingston area.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Kingston Hotel
- Hampton Inn Kingston Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Hampton Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.