“Excellent Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, NY
“Excellent Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner in this charming restaurant across from the waterfront. Before dinner we enjoyed walking along the waterfront to look at all of the boats. We ate early and were able to get one of the tables in the front window which was a pleasant place to watch the admittedly limited action. Our waiter Brian was very knowledgeable about the menu which was helpful on our first visit. I enjoyed the meatball appetizer for my entree which I found was plenty for dinner. My friend had the macaroni and peas with the crab cake. She found the breading crust on the crab cake overwhelmed the crab but she loved the mac and peas. The serving size was more than she could eat but she was happy to take it home for another meal. This restaurant deserves its high rating on tripadvisor. When we're in Kingston again we'll definitely return.

81% Recommend
Highland, New York
“Another great meal, except for.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Delicious meal, great service. Poor choices of beer. My husband enjoys craft beer from one of the many micro breweries all over the US. The beer choices here are from the 1990's. I am sure many other customers would appreciate a more interesting beer selection.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Northport, New York
“Great experience. Loved atmosphere, staff, drinks and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The restaurant has a great vibe. You walk in and the lights are soft, candles, dark wood bar. Not showy. All staff that worked there provided a friendly greeting.

Nice drink specials like house made raspberry infused vodka cosmo. Mmmm. We ordered the calamari to share, it was done perfectly. I had the Ship to Shore noodle bowl and it was truly amazing. Big portion and I forced myself to eat most of it because it was unlike anything I ever ate before - it was that tasty. Nice, snappy, grilled shrimp, a few dumplings, noodles and the broth had a bit of umami that made it sing.

Our waiter was so attentive and helpful and also friendly. We will go back again when we are in town.

Kingston, New York
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ship to Shore is one of my absolute favorites in the Hudson Valley. The food is always excellent and prepared exactly as you request. There are always interesting specials. The service is always excellent and the wait staff is very knowledgable. The steaks and seafood dishes are especially good. The kitchen will try to meet any special requests you may have.

Stone Ridge, New York, United States
“RE-review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our last experience wasn't so great due to the service BUT through the grapevine Samir, the manager, heard about our complaints and took it upon himself to contact me directly. He was polite, apologetic, and extremely friendly. Samir told us to let him know the next time we were coming in. Needless to say when I hung up the phone I was extremely pleased. About a week ago my wife and I stopped back in for another visit without letting Samir know so we would have a 'true service' experience and boy am I glad we did. The food was awesome and just as important, the service was five star!!! If I could delete or rewrite my prior reveiw I would. I could go on and on about the prefection we saw and ate but I will keep it short. AWESOME DINING EXPERIENCE!!!

• Visited August 2013