“Nice Ambiance and Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 194 Restaurants in Kingston
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautifully restored 17th century stone house at corner of historic stockade district in Kingston, NY. Summer patio dining, winter fireside dining.
Springfield, Ohio
“Nice Ambiance and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We dined on a weeknight here but there were a lot of people as it is a good place to eat. We came very early and ate in the dining room as there is also a bar. There was a nice beer selection and there were a lot of food varieties as well. The wait staff was kind and friendly and the ambiance of the old building made it special. I will return if I am every back there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Upstate NY
“Love it for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been to the Hoffman House twice for lunch in the past two months and thoroughly enjoyed my meals (as did my lunch guests) both times. Both times we ate on the back patio and it was really comfortable and lively. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a nice lunch outing! (The only reason I give the service a 4 is because I should have been asked if I needed a refill on my water when I emptied the glass; otherwise, we were properly cared for.)

• Visited August 2013
Palm Harbor
“Best Kingston restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Hoffman House is a must if you are visiting Kingston. The owners, Pat & Ginny are the greatest. The old stone building has a quaint interior with fireplaces and wood floors. A nice covered patio in the rear makes dining great' The food is well prepared and delicious.We live in Florida and visit the Albany area in July and August and try to visit the Hoffman House several times during our stay. Being from Kingston originally, Pat & Ginny have been close friends and wonderful people. My daugter lives in Woodstock and this is there favorite restaurant. She also had her wedding reception there a few years ago.

• Visited July 2013
Hurley, New York
“Historic building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

There is a nice variety on the menu to please everyone in your party. There is a bar menu for lighter fare. The building is one of the original building from the Stockade era of pre Revolutionary War days. One a nice evening the patio is a delightful way to enjoy your meal. The specials are always good. My personal favorite is the fish and chips.

• Visited July 2013
Hyde park
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a great meal. We had a small wedding receiption there many years ago. It was nice to eat there again.

• Visited May 2013