“Just an Average Italian Pizzeria” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Paltz, New York
“Just an Average Italian Pizzeria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Centrally located place for a small business meeting, on a midweek evening. Service was easy, friendly and casual; called ahead but didn't need a reservation.

The food was good, most had a dinner salad with their famous "green" dressing, I had a vegetable minestrone which was tomato based with fresh ingredients, mostly zucchini for an app. They serve a special hot bread for the table, which looks like a baked pie. My chicken Parmesan was just ok, served over a bed of linguini which was for me a tad too al-dente. Another had egg plant parm and was satisfied. Again, the atmosphere was relaxed, that seniors enjoy this place because it's comfortable to dine alone.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
new york
“A meal to enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

What's not to like? Special salad dressing is good, bread is good, meal is flavorful. I've had the eggplant parm, the pizza, and tasted whatever hubby had. We've eaten here many times and always been happy. Sometimes services is slow.

Visited August 2012
“Not bad but not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We rarely go here when in the mood for italian but wanted to change it up last night for dinner with friends. I do believe the tables are small such that four people with drinks and bread plates and apps and meals seem to be cramped but at least our waitress was on top of her game enough to remove items accordingly. Our pizza was really nothing amazing to write about but maybe if you add the word gourmet in front it seems like haute cuisine. I ended up scraping off the spiced and finely crumbled sausage (strange texture for me) along with the limp green peppers which I would swear the menu said roasted red. The crust is paper thin and quite hard to cut but again expected so no surprise. The fresh hot bread is fun to pop but also hard to slice to share. Overall it will probably be another year to six month before we go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, New York
“not again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

we have been going here for years, classic Italian, great bread and pizza. but went there with out of towners and the service was non existent, My chicken Parm was horrible and I actually have to have the other 4 people in my party get up and walk out so they would bring me the check,.... NEVER AGAIN.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new york
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

JUST GO HERE. PIZZA and ITALIAN food with just a hint of middle eastern influence. Fantastic! Really. I love this place. They make a gluten free pizza ( I hate gluten free but my wife swings that way) that saves the day when you've got my wife in your dining group.