“Always fabulous...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Street Food, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Always fabulous...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been a semi-regular at YYNB since they opened and I can say that the meals are always thoughtfully prepared and priced very reasonably. The steamed pork belly bun appetizer is worth the drive no matter how far you live! The kale salad with almonds is seasoned and dressed perfectly.

I found myself ordering the same thing over and over again - the ramen with the pork - but then expanded my horizons by going with the coconut curry with seitan. Now, it's all that I crave!

The music is fun and hip. This place is always bustling and the servers seem happy to keep up with the pace of the room. The thai coffee is terrific and what I usually get for dessert. I even bring my kids along (ages 6 + 2) and they love the special kids' meals. Again, the owners think of everything - from the kid-friendly silverware to the well-composed meal - noodles, chicken and even fruits + veggies that kids actually like!

I only wish that I could live close enough to go from a semi-regular to a once-a-day'er!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saugerties, New York, United States
“Not great fast food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food left a metallic taste in my mouth and I felt slightly ill for the rest of the day. Expensive for noodles in a watery broth.

Visited December 2012
“Not Impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After reading all the hype we checked this out for lunch....I was sorely disappointed. It was pricey for what you get: literally a huge bowl of mostly broth with chunks of a protein and noodles. Ick. I expected a LOT MORE NOODLE! I ordered the Curry Coconut broth with Udon noodles and chicken. I couldn't even finish it, I was fishing around the whole time for the noodles, which were very sparse and the chicken was maybe 4 chunks. Like I said, it was mostly a huge bowl of broth. We felt ripped off. Eh, oh well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Babylon, New York
“Is there one closer to home?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Spent a few days up in Kingston and after a busy day- and quick internet search, I found Yum Yum noodle bar! Gorgeous modern building in the middle of downtown. I ended up eating outside because of the mild weather. After looking inside, not sure if I'm the-sit at a family style table with strangers type. But that was probably because I was starving and not in the mood to be chatty.

Waitress was friendly and attentive-even though we were the only table outside. Had the bill brought to me on a smartphone and was asked if I needed a printed receipt (how green!).

A lot of people going in. Clearly a popular place (and this was a Monday night!)

Food: i had a bento box. $10 for a salad, dumplings, shrimp and bok choy and a cold noodle salad. Delicious! Hubby had their famous noodle bowl- pork with pork/chicken broth and ramen noodles. Tried it- amazing! And for him to rave about it....yea it was good.

Hoping I can find a place near me this yummy...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ulster Park, New York
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ten bucks for a cup of seasoned rice, three strips of tofu and a few asparagus spears? While it was tasty I'll think twice about spending that much money again.

Visited August 2012