“Enjoy a relaxing and inviting stay at A Kingston Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Kingston Bed & Breakfast

Special Offer
Afternoon Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 7 Kingston B&B and Inns
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Enjoy a relaxing and inviting stay at A Kingston Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came across A Kingston Bed and Breakfast when looking for a place to stay while we were visiting our niece who is a student at Bard College. My wife and I, along with my sister-in-law and niece had such a wonderful experience this past weekend, I am compelled to write an endorsement for A Kingston Bed and Breakfast. From the minute we arrived until the moment we left, the hospitality that Alicia exudes made us feel right at home. The rooms were spacious, tastefully decorated and impeccably clean, And Alicia's cooking, well ,lets just say that if you closed your eyes, you would think you were back home with your mother. From her Apple cake and her blueberry muffins, to her scrumptious waffles, and her eggs Florentine, you will not leave the table hungry. And her warm smile and doting personality definitely cemented our resolve to return and stay at A Kingston Bed and Breakfast the next time we are in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were headed to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Show and needed a place to stay. This little gem made our weekend. The innkeeper was very hospitable going beyond what most B&B's offer. The room was beautiful and it was immaculate. It was quiet and perfect for relaxing. The Victorian home offered large and beautiful social rooms that were perfect for visiting with the other guests, if you chose to. We had the nicest group of people and some wonderful conversations. Alicia is very concerned with the welfare of her guests. I found the area quaint and there was no shortage of restaurants or stores. I think anyone would be pleased to stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Diamond Room" on the first floor and it was a gem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked this inn based on reviews and we were not disappointed. We met some very interesting people and Alicia made get togethers over wine and at breakfasts very comfortable and warm. Alicia is very nice and outgoing and she has a wonderful story to tell about her decision to become an innkeeper. Alicia serves a wonderful breakfast and she enjoys seeing you enjoy her meals. We were close to great dining and found the Santa Fe on Main St. to be our favorite. Alicia's rooms were very clean and well kept. Some of the areas a few blocks away to the north are a little rough and recommend not walking there. The direction toward Main Street and the shopping areas are fine for walking.

Room Tip: We stayed in front room (Babe Ruth Room) and found it quiet and large. Big bathroom and lots of lig...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was our first experience at a B&B. My husband and I were looking for a place in Hudson Valley to have a short break, a getaway for a few days. From the start, talking to Alicia on the phone, i was pleasantly surprised by her inviting attitude and sincere enthusiasm. We really enjoyed our visit: we had a beautiful room, a great company including Alicia and other guests. We had a delicious breakfast in the morning and red wine in the afternoon. Thank you Alicia!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Freiburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spend 1 night at the B&B, because Kingston is good for a stop over, only. We stopped there before returning to JFK airport. The private bathroom was not accesible directly from our room, but there were dressing gowns available, so it was no problem. The atmosphere in the B&B was excellent and the Polish owner was very friendly. The breakfast with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and fresh melon was of high quality, so we enjoyed the stay very much. WIFI was a little bit weak and did not work properly in our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Radnor, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The best part of our weekend was the comforting thought that we had a cozy and friendly place to retire to at the end of each day. Our hostess was inviting, sincerely interested in our adventures, sage in her advice of fun local sites and excellent restaurants and hilarious to chat with.

My nephew's wedding date was announced last March 2013 in Red Hook, NY - a 4 hour drive for us from Philadelphia.
We decided to make a long weekend of it, avoiding the mediocre chain hotel option on the invitation. Villages worthy of site seeing, exploring and boutiquing was the goal of our internet search. We narrowed it down to two historic village-like towns within 30 minutes of the wedding. Between the two towns, Kingston and Reinbeck, 'A Kingston Bed & Breakfast' looked the nicest of all the B & B's.
Our good choice was confirmed and re-confirmed daily with a sound sleep and delicious fresh homemade breakfast. Staying for the weekend offered us relaxed visits through local culture - in this case a cruise down the Hudson River, a local farmers market, boutique shopping, Mass at an historic church and an Irish Fest.
We liked our stay so much that we plan on going back for the fall foliage and the Burning of Kingston event, staying at A Kingston Bed & Breakfast, of course.

Room Tip: Book early! We stayed in the best room available - the Babe Ruth room. It was quiet, with very comf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As I planned my getaway to the Hudson Valley, I immediately looked into the standard hotel chains in Kingston. I was quite surprised by how expensive they were, so I opted for the B&B option instead....so glad I did! The inn is centrally located and it is easy to get around. The rooms are charming, historical, yet with most of the modern conveniences (except WiFi) you would expect. There is more to this B&B than bricks and mortar, and that is where Alicja fits in. She made me feel like I was coming home each evening. She quickly reads how each visitor wants to be treated and is very attentive to all the details. As I was traveling alone, she stepped in as my friend to unwind with at the end of my long day traversing the nearby attractions. As we sat drinking a glass of red wine in the sitting room one evening, I laughed thinking how this would never happen at a big hotel chain. The breakfasts were simple and delicious and she quickly reads your preferences and addresses them going forward. For the same price I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn near the railroad tracks and ate breakfast at a diner each day....but I would not have walked away with the great stories and a warm feeling in my heart as I did by staying here. A great value for all you get...some of which is priceless.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to A Kingston Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!