“Wonderful weekend in Kingston, NY at a great B & B” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Afternoon Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 7 Kingston B&B and Inns
Radnor, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful weekend in Kingston, NY at a great B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The best part of our weekend was the comforting thought that we had a cozy and friendly place to retire to at the end of each day. Our hostess was inviting, sincerely interested in our adventures, sage in her advice of fun local sites and excellent restaurants and hilarious to chat with.

My nephew's wedding date was announced last March 2013 in Red Hook, NY - a 4 hour drive for us from Philadelphia.
We decided to make a long weekend of it, avoiding the mediocre chain hotel option on the invitation. Villages worthy of site seeing, exploring and boutiquing was the goal of our internet search. We narrowed it down to two historic village-like towns within 30 minutes of the wedding. Between the two towns, Kingston and Reinbeck, 'A Kingston Bed & Breakfast' looked the nicest of all the B & B's.
Our good choice was confirmed and re-confirmed daily with a sound sleep and delicious fresh homemade breakfast. Staying for the weekend offered us relaxed visits through local culture - in this case a cruise down the Hudson River, a local farmers market, boutique shopping, Mass at an historic church and an Irish Fest.
We liked our stay so much that we plan on going back for the fall foliage and the Burning of Kingston event, staying at A Kingston Bed & Breakfast, of course.

Room Tip: Book early! We stayed in the best room available - the Babe Ruth room. It was quiet, with very comf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As I planned my getaway to the Hudson Valley, I immediately looked into the standard hotel chains in Kingston. I was quite surprised by how expensive they were, so I opted for the B&B option instead....so glad I did! The inn is centrally located and it is easy to get around. The rooms are charming, historical, yet with most of the modern conveniences (except WiFi) you would expect. There is more to this B&B than bricks and mortar, and that is where Alicja fits in. She made me feel like I was coming home each evening. She quickly reads how each visitor wants to be treated and is very attentive to all the details. As I was traveling alone, she stepped in as my friend to unwind with at the end of my long day traversing the nearby attractions. As we sat drinking a glass of red wine in the sitting room one evening, I laughed thinking how this would never happen at a big hotel chain. The breakfasts were simple and delicious and she quickly reads your preferences and addresses them going forward. For the same price I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn near the railroad tracks and ate breakfast at a diner each day....but I would not have walked away with the great stories and a warm feeling in my heart as I did by staying here. A great value for all you get...some of which is priceless.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at a lovely B&B in Kingston where we were made to feel very welcome by the owner Alicia.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and furnished and the breakfasts were delicious.

Having never been to this part of the USA before it was easy to access all of the interesting places to visit from here.

I would highly recommend you staying in this restored house with many original features that have been lovingly restored.

Alicia made us feel so welcome and I would love to be able to return again and stay in her B&B.

Room Tip: I stayed the first night at the rear of the house and the following 3 nights at the front and whilst...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Two friends and I stayed at the Kingston B&B for two nights while attending a wedding in the area. Whereas it looked relatively non-descript from the outside in a non-descript neighborhood, as soon as entered the house we were wowed by its elegant beauty. The period furniture, the large modern bedrooms and bathrooms, the rugs on the floor, and the wonderful breakfasts prepared by Alicia, the innkeeper, made us feel as if we had stumbled on a real find. We couldn't have been happier with the accomodations and Alicia's non-intrusive hospitality. The beautiful music that Alicia played thoughout the day was another delightful touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Weirton, West Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This beautifully restored Victorian is trumped only by the gracious inn keeper, Alicja. She is gracious, interesting conversationalist and keeps a clean, orderly and lovely home. In a short time, we felt like warmly welcomed old friends. She is an outstanding cook and uses the finest ingredients. The B&B is located in the historic district of Kingston with many interesting sites and shopping within easy walking distance. A good place to stay.
Her cat is well mannered, but I'd suggest that anyone having an allergy to cats let her know in advance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reston VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are pretty discriminating travelers and the stay was so exceptional due to the Inn Keeper. Alicia has created an authentic and yet up to date home that is so welcoming and accommodating to the most experienced traveler. The house has character and the bedding is fabulous and luxurious in a spacious room with lots of amenities. The best part was our Inn Keeper who is a fabulous cook and served amazing local produce breakfasts and wine in the afternoon. Alicia is planning to serve High Tea in the Fall and that would be a great treat!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Riverhead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Alecja and her B&B are a wonderful find. The Victorian home is decorated with care and class. The furnishings are elegant but quite comfortable and the location in the stockade district is quiet with some really interesting homes. It is obvious talented effort went into refurbishing the home. It is done very tastefully. Breakfasts were ample and filled with conversation. Wine was served upon arrival. The riverfront is about a 10 minute drive and is lively and quaint. I might skip the Rip Van Winkle boat tour on the river. You get a glimpse of some mansions in the distance but we didn't find it worthy of 2 hours of our time. Caught a fair in Woodstock (20 minutes} and enjoyed the country roads.

Room Tip: We had the first floor room with a luxurious multi-head shower. Didn't see the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A Kingston Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!